Thread: Passport Harassment!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Passport Harassment!!!

I am Sahil Pattnayak from Gurgaon. I had applied for a passport on 1st January,2008 through the tatkaal scheme. But my application was rejected by saying that the tatkaal scheme could not be availed if there is a change of name. My name was changed well in 2004 and the new name(Sahil Pattnayak) appears in my Class 10 certificate. I need to give tests like TOEFL, IELTS, SAT,etc. Then I had to apply for the passport through the normal stream but I was told by the official that I can avail the passport in the tatkaal scheme since my name appears in the class 10th certificate.
    I wrote a letter to the RPO, Delhi and the CPO(Chief Passport Officer), Delhi stating my problem but no action was taken.
    So I want to know that what should I do and kindly let me know the entire process.

› Find content similar to: Passport Harassment!!!

Name:
    Dr. Pathak
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Re: Passport Harassment!!!

simply click on to the passport tag below the post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for ur answer but I was unable to open it so kindly send me the detailed mail.
    Thnaks again...

Name:
    Dr. Pathak
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Here is the link to the tag passport

passport Threads - Forum Tags by RTI India

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Kushal For Ur Help But Can U Please Tell Me That From Where In Delhi Or Gurgaon Can I Send The Rti.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Dear Sahil,
    From the passport threads and from the site of Regional Passport Office Delhi you can get the details of the person whom you have to send the RTI Application.

Quote Originally Posted by sahilpattnayak666 View Post
    But my application was rejected by saying that the tatkaal scheme could not be availed if there is a change of name. My name was changed well in 2004 and the new name(Sahil Pattnayak) appears in my Class 10 certificate. I need to give tests like TOEFL, IELTS, SAT,etc.
    From you post it appears that you application under Tatkal scheme was rejected because change of name is not covered under Tatkal.
    If that is correct then even in RTI you will get the same reply that change of name is not covered under RTI. Furhter, Tatkal is facility which is offered on fullfillng certain conditions.
    Check list
    Do you got three of the documents as mentioned in the list where your name is same in all three documents?
    RTI India Network Staff Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question Re: Passport Harassment!!!

Thanks for the reply. Yes I had all the documents in place including a verification certificate by a Director of Ministry of Power and the affidavit as well.
    The only problem was the change of name which according to the PRO of Gurgaon was not an issue as the current name appears in the Class 10th certificate.
    So, now tell me that my case is strong or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

And as a matter of fact the police verification was done on 23rd January 2008 and the report was sent to the passport office on 27th January 2008 itself. But they have not updated the records yet and on contacting them they just give one reply that it is going to take time.
    Now what should I do?