Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Delay In My Passport

Dear Sir

My self is Ram Niwas Prasad [-----------Address deleted ------- applied for New Passport vide my file Number is [----file no delted ----] .After depositing the application once verification made From SSP OFFICE Ghaziabad [ --- Name deleted -----] on dated 13/5/2007 and he called me to personnaly visit at SSP Office Ghaziabad and I visited there and Meet with [ ---Name deleted --] who was taking caring my file that time on dated 14/5/2007 , thereafter again verification made by [----Name deleted ---] 27th may '2007 , but when I was checked the status of my passport on website I hv seen still showing police verification is pending .And thereafter I visited the [ --name deleted --] police station for know the situation of my file and found that from [ --name deleted --] police station the same file despatched vide depatched number : 680 dt : 29/05/2007 , But I am really surprised to see after more than eight month of police verification report still showing in internet police verification incomplete .Hence I talk with ghaizabad passport office what is reason , then I got reply mention by [ --name deleted --] police report need CBI verification from Bihar .But still I surprised as per passpoert act permanant residence need one year only where is I am staying in this address since more than three years , and another think when I checked police station Bihar got information no any verification came to me .Because now nobody staying there in my born place .

Hence hope you help me how I can get passport immediately , because I cancil or extend my plan four times to china visit , and due to non visit to china I am suffering huge loss in my business .Kindly anyone advice me

› Find content similar to: Delay In My Passport

Last edited by maneesh; 17-02-08 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Moderatation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Delay In My Passport

Ramniwas

This is not new with Passport Office Ghaziabad. Please get used to it. The waiting could go as long as years. I am not discourraging you but it is true with it.

They are too good at finding faults in your applications - even if it is irrelevant. Passports of my family members were ready in the month of May'07 for despatch but it never happened till September, 07. One with errors and one more in waiting for a non-sense discripancy.

I am fighting a similar case of my family members for nearly a year now through RTI and am very optimistic to bring it to a fruitful conclusion with the help of CIC and CVC.

Should you need any guidance in filing RTI application against the Passport Officer, Ghaziabad you may revert.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes I need advice and want to know procedure against file the application .Kindly advice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dear Ramniwas

It is very simple. Address a simple RTI applicatioon to the Passport Officer, Ghaziabad with a Demand Draft of Rs.10/- favouring Passport Officer, Ghaziabad and frame your questions carefully avoiding " Why " etc. Send it either through a Registered/AD post or personally against an acknowledgement.

Ask for the information that you wish to including the notings of the files, concerned staff details, anything that you think is relevant and applicable to your passport application.

Ask for movement of your application from the date of filing your application and which officer kept it with him/her for how many days. You can ask for the staff strength, number of applications being handled per day per person, number of passports being despatched, date when your police verification was received and movement of your application after that etc. etc...

You must get reply to your application within 30 days ( 40 days maximum )

I wish you luck

RK Khushu