Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Income Tax Refund for the year 2006-2007

Hi,

Im working in gurgaon, and yet to recieve my Income tax refund for the FY 2006-2007.
    Please tell me the next steps,

› Find content similar to: Income Tax Refund for the year 2006-2007

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Re: Income Tax Refund for the year 2006-2007

Hina,

Please go through the threads with the "income tax refund" tag.

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/tags/i...0tax%20refund/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up Re: Income Tax Refund for the year 2006-2007

To HINA: please see my reply sent to AKSHATHA. My response to U is same.

Name:
    Ajit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have same issue.. Have not received IT refund for 2006-07. I work in Gurgaon. Submitted for refund in Gurgon with the permanent address of delhi. Can any one let me know the next step.
    Last edited by mishraajit; 21-12-08 at 09:35 AM.

Name:
    ambrish
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Ajit ji

Welcome to RTI India - Complete Online Community Portal for Right to Information

You can file RTI application for the purpose.

Your RTI application has to be as per the Central Govt. RTI rules and fees.Please see:

RTI Application For Central Govt Info (by JPS 50 Sir):
    http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/...govt-info.html

Your RTI Application needs to be addressed to the Central Public Information Officer (CPIO)

The IT department has designated ALL assessing officers (ITO/AC) as CPIO's.Your assessing officer (ITO or AC) of your ward/circle is the CPIO, the same assessing officer to whom you submitted your IT return wherein you claimed refund.

You can directly file a RTI application with him accompanied by a IPO of Rs. 10.00 payable to "Accounts Officer".

AND for help in framming your RTI application please see the blog/s of JPS 50 Sir

1. http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/...tml#comment255

2. http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/...ding-govt.html

Please see guide segment RTI Guide it has a lot of information about drafting a RTI application, fees, mode of payment, how to submit,how to locate PIO etc.

RTI procedure is :
    1. RTI Application with Fee to PIO
    2. If no reply/ not satisfied with reply in 30 (or 35 days in case of submission to APIO or under Section 6(3)),
    First Appeal to the First Appellate Authority (normally a officer higher than the PIO)
    3. If no reply/ not satisfied with reply in 45 days to the First Appeal, then Second Appeal to the CIC/SIC (time period is 90 days)

Possibly this info will be of good help to you
    Revert back if you still have any doubts, members will definately help you out .
    regards

Name:
    Atul Patankar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Which Income Tax officer has jurisdiction over you? What is the address registered when you applied for PAn? If your address as per income tax recored is from Delhi, Gurgaon ITO will not be able to process your return and grant your refund claim. She will have to get the case transferred to herself.

Anyway, an RTI querry with the officer whom you submitted the return will at least make the picture clear.

Name:
    sandeep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hi

I have recieved the refund cheque, but lost it. How do I get a duplicate cheque or the money directly debited to my account?

Thanks
    Padachery

Name:
    Sandeep Baheti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by padachery View Post
    hi

I have recieved the refund cheque, but lost it. How do I get a duplicate cheque or the money directly debited to my account?

Thanks
    Padachery
    This portal is meant only for RTI related discussions. For other queries please visit www.bighelpers.org