Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Information so gathered, can that be used in court of law?

1. Re: Information so gathered, can that be used in court of law?

Friends, Let us discuss only the issue and not the individuals. All on a sudden this thread gets activated after 10 months and there are 7 new posts in a single day in as many hours. Is there any change in the position of law after Mr Manoj Pai has made his post?

Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Information so gathered, can that be used in court of law?

ganpat,

New members keep joining this forum.
    Some of them go through all the threads or those old threads which they find "interesting" and post comments.
    So, suddenly you see activity in a thread long forgotten.
    Twitter: @cjkarira

Name:
    Tara Shankar
    Blog Entries

When asking information it is always required to keep in mind for what purpose information required.If certainly to produce in judicial proceeding better to ask certified copies.In fact I have received certified copies when asked for.Moreover if copies of notings etc too if not certified certainly it carries a forwarding letter of PIO in original and same shall serve its purpose without any difficulties.Moreover if opposite party casts a question on veracity of such documents produced in xerox ,court may be asked to summon the persons keeping them or get from them confirmation as in no case original is the property of the party producing them

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

Time change, things change, new members join with new ideas. It is healthy sign of a healthy forum.

[quote=kushal;59]Is the document made available by the central/state public information officer is admissible as evidence in a court of law?
    I had submitted a petition under section 6 of RTI act to the state public information officer of Kolkata Police who is an officer of joint Commissioner rank.He first gave me a reply with a cover note under his signature but the sheet which contained the information was not signed.I sent it back claiming that I wanted an authenticated information and I got itafter 7 days .Since then I had occasion to seek information on three more counts and every time I got the information under his seal and signature.
    adil
    Last edited by adil85; 26-04-08 at 07:55 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123