Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries
    0 Post(s)
    2 Thread(s)
    5 Post(s)

Glory Of The Rti Act

Despite all the impediments caused by the public authorities and the SICs in effective implementation of the RTI Act, there is no doubt that the RTI Act has done mirracles which we especially the Activists fail to see. What was the cituation before the Act ? The public authorities were unapproachable. Even if we file complaint petitions before the highest democratic authorities, they used to be ignored. They used to reply that 'We will let you know " . That was the en. But now we have gained a right to question. We can statutorily ask the public authorities their "Action taken report". No public authority has the guts to say that "No action taken". Don't you think it is an achievement ?

› Find content similar to: Glory Of The Rti Act

Re: Glory Of The Rti Act

Your views are absolutely right. While we need to come across a few stumbling blocks here and there, I think the larger perspective of the RTI needs to applauded in the right earnest. I presume as the intensity of RTI activism increases, it would dilute the current difficulties. I have never imagined about obtaining information of things that affect us. Thanks to RTI, I have already filed two applications and I believe that RTI has surely shown some light at the end of the tunnel for the common man.