Topic Identifier

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mode of payment, if application is made by email ? CIC asks DoPT to examine seriously

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Mode of payment, if application is made by email ? CIC asks DoPT to examine seriously

Quote Originally Posted by kapilchawla View Post
    Any development in this front. Has DoPT come out with any new rules of accepting RTI applications through electronic means?
    No news as yet.

Maybe needs a RTI application to DoPT as to what is the action they have taken based on the above order of CIC.

Twitter: @cjkarira

Re: Mode of payment, if application is made by email ? CIC asks DoPT to examine seriously

Two applictaions were filed one by my friend subhendu Kumat Behera, Advocate. through Speed post and other one was by me. My application was too through speed post. Both were returned on the same ground. I filed acomplaint online and sent the papers by speed post to CIC. Subhendu filed an appeal to CIC, it is not yet registered. Both were attached with fees thriogh IPO Payable to Accounts Officer, Sambalpur Railway Division. under East Coast Zone.

Name:
    Dr.V.S.Prasanna Rajan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hkdubey View Post
    It is a good news but to my utter surprise I had sent an application via registered post and concerned dept neither issued a receipt letter nor did I receive the AD form. I was having the receipt of registered letter but in case of email how to prove that a information has been asked?
    Making payment is not a big problem as all most all the banks have adopted core banking solution. The fees can be deposited to the account No. of the dept which can be known with the acknowledgement from the concerned dept they can give the account Number via email and the fees can be deposited in the account, the entire process can end latest by next day.
    With regard to the validity of the document through email, the same is guaranteed by Section 4 of the Information Technology Act, 2000.

Vsprajan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android