Topic Identifier

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Income tax refund

1. Re: Income tax refund

Dear Ambrish,

I am still confused with your reply. Can you please let me know straight forward steps to proceed further.

I have filed income Tax return at Prabhat Road office in Pune. And also submitted all relevant documents for refund at the same place.

So shall I send the RTI application along with 10 Rs. IPO at the same address above?

Thanks,
    --Nilesh Gaikwaad

2. Re: Income tax refund

Dear Nilesh

Yes, your assessing officer is CPIO in your case.

The IT department has designated ALL assessing officers (ITO/AC) as CPIO's.Your assessing officer (ITO or AC) of your ward/circle is the CPIO.This is the same assessing officer to whom you submitted your IT return wherein you claimed refund.

regards

3. Regarding income tax refund help

Hi,

I filed income tax return for assessment year 2008-09 at Prabhat Road office in Pune. I was not getting refund, so I went to income tax office and enquired about the problem, they said that the bank details are not available with them. So I submitted the details as
    1. Cancelled cheque
    2. Address details application
    3. ITR copy for 2008-09

I took the reciept of the submited documents and on 21st Sept. 2010 it was found that the cheque was sent to wrong address, even if I submmited the corrected one. I again went to office on 28Sept. and resubmitted the document, still I didnt received. So I sent an RTI application with Reg.AD with postal order of Rs.10/-

But still I did not get any response or income tax refund related information.

Dear RTI members, please help me to get my refund.

4. Re: Income tax refund

Dear Nilesh

Wait for 40 days from the date of your RTI application and in case of no reply, file first appeal.

regards

Re: Income tax refund

Same here...This country is full of corruption and every citizen fight for getting his fundamentral rights fulfilled. That's y abroad is becoming choice of INDIANS

Regards,
    Prashant Sharma

6. Re: Income tax refund

That's pretty sweeping statement. Also doesn't fit to the discussion topic here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android