Thread: How many PIO's can a PA appoint in one office at a single location

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

How many PIO's can a PA appoint in one office at a single location

Recently, I made a RTI application to a PA regarding the condition of roads in our colony which have been badly damaged for last one year due to laying of a pipeline. The work has been going on for over a year and the roads have not been put back to their normal condition.

Surprisingly, in its reply, the PIO asked me to contact other CPIO's in the PA for various information. (This is to be appealed against).

What was shocking was that for a PA with a single office of 15 rooms, there are different CPIO's:

- CPIO for Water supply section
    - CPIO for Roads section
    - CPIO for Administrative Section
    - CPIO for Tax Department (property tax)
    - CPIO for Accounts department

(these were listed out in the reply...I do not know if there are more CPIO's in that PA)

Now, if a applicant wants to ask for information form this particular PA, he will have to first decide which department the information lies with and then address separate applications to each CPIO. This is a sure way to discourage RTI applicants.

Has any other member come across so many CPIO's in one PA, in one office , in one location ?

2. Re: How many PIO's can a PA appoint in one office at a single location

Yes Karira,
    There are plenty !!
    RTI India Network Staff Member

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android