Thread: applicability of 2(f)

1. applicability of 2(f)

I am an NGO state govt.I have submitted an application to the Head of the Dept. on 6.4.06 and a reminder on 16.8.07 through proper channel. not get any reply or appropriate action. Then I submitted an application under RTA to provide information about action be taken to that application.SPIO informed that they donot come under section 2(f) of the act and hence this authority denied provide information. What can I do?

2. Re: apllicability of 2(f)

Section 2(f) defines what is an information.
    "information" means any material in any form, including records, documents, memos, e-mails, opinions, advices, press releases, circulars, orders, logbooks, contracts, reports, papers, samples, models, data material held in any electronic form and information relating to any private body which can be accessed by a public authority under any other law for the time being in force;"

Please provide the details: What information was requested by you and
    What is the reply of the SPIO
    RTI India Network Staff Member

3. Re: apllicability of 2(f)

Then I submitted an application under RTA to provide information about action be taken to that application.
    I think mallathali<!-- google_ad_section_end --> has asked for the progress made on the application. The PIO is just using some vague stand to deny the information, My sugesstion
    Pen ur complaint directly to CIC/SIC under section 18 of RTI Act.

4. Re: apllicability of 2(f)

the section quoted by the SPIO is totally irrelevant to the issue raised by mallathali. clearly he has committed an error. better to go for appeal straightaway to AA. complaint to SIC may not be entertained at this stage for 'want of exhaustion of remedies' available.