Thread: Introduction

1. Introduction

Hi All Members,

I have joined the RTI India today and hope to benefit from the members experience with RTI Act. I find that the act is not being implemented properly in several government organisations. I am not getting the information requested from A P Pollution Control Board. In this connection I would like to know, if there is any exemption from giving the information pertaining to private industries. When the information has a bearing on occupational health and safety of workers and also public safety, can it be withheld. Any previous judgements on related issues?
    For example, Hazardous Waste Rules require placing the details of the hazardous chemicals used and hazwaste generated in a company on a board at the entrance to the company for public information.

K. Babu Rao

2. Welcome to the RTI India community Mr Baburao. Please browse through the various forums to get a first-hand information about our activities.

A lot of decisions by CIC have been posted under the relevant forums, "Appeals & Decisions" and also under various "News & Discussions ". In case you are unable to spot any relevant information or you need any additional clarification, please do not hesitate to post your questions under "RTI Support".

I am sure you will relish your membership here.

Regards,
    Ganpat

3. Welcome on Board K. Babu Rao to RTI India.

4. Thank you Mr. Ganpat and Mr. Kushal. The website is interesting and informative. The effort is laudable.

K. Babu Rao

5. Welcome to RTI Mr Rao,
    It a process, in some time all will be aware of RTI and till that time we need help and support of people like you to reach to masses.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android