0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    0 Post(s)

Escalated Issue to AA but received reply from new SPIO

I have made a request under RTI to SPIO of place asking for information of employee where he was employed. SPIO denied saying there is no such person working under him.

attached the same reply along with the proof (affidavit in HC) along with reply from SPIO and application to AA - 1 of the same state department.

Based on the escalation made to AA of department, I get a reply from new SPIO rather then AA, asking me to pay fees of Rs. 2000 and no break up for same is provided.

I need a clarification:

1. When application for escalation was sent to AA, How can reply be Sent and signed by SPIO and not by AA ??

2. Based on the difference in two, Shall I go ahead and pay Rs 2000 to get the information as required by me or Shall I approach the SIC with two different views of the same department and no action is initiated against the SPIO who made false reply earlier ??

Please suggest how should I proceed now...

I have no personal grudge against the earlier SPIO but i know he did this because he has good relation with employee whose information was sought and he was asked to not provide the information requested.

› Find content similar to: Escalated Issue to AA but received reply from new SPIO

C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    43 Post(s)
    13 Thread(s)
    164 Post(s)

Re: Escalated Issue to AA but received reply from new SPIO

1. Maybe the AA gave a spoken order and based on that the new SPIO replied to you.
    2. The letter of the SPIO asking you to deposit additional fees should be a reasoned letter with details of how he arrived at that figure. You can write to him once again and ask him for the detailed calculations, so that you can decide if the amount is justified to be paid.

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android