Hi Folks,

I am an NRI and currently not in India. I am due a Refund on the returns filed for the AY 2006-2007. It is now over 19 months that the returns were submitted. These were submitted in mumbai. The acknowledgment stamp on the return bears the stamp of the Office of the Income Tax Officer 15 (2) (3).

I would like to file a RTI.

Could you please advise

1. To whom should I address the RTI.
2. The address for submission of the RTI.
3. What should be the message in the RTI Application.

I understand that an NRI who submitted an RTI application got his refund within a week.

I would appreciate receiving the above or any additional information.