Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It is nearly 70 days since I filed the first petition, and ten days since I filed the appeal. Still no reply

Re: It is nearly 70 days since I filed the first petition, and ten days since I filed the appeal. Still no reply

PRK , In the meantime you may like to browse through what,who,where ,when,how etc regarding RTI,go through Guide section.

Param,you have mixed up two different threads,you should have started your own thread to maintain continuity and clarity.

Re: It is nearly 70 days since I filed the first petition, and ten days since I filed the appeal. Still no reply

I have one doubt. If RTI appkication is not given due respect by the offices, Is there any provision for taking it legally.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by paramkrish View Post
    Thanks for your quick reply.

I just have another 10days to draft the letter and send that across, while i m active to do it right away, i m curious to know the procedure if the first appeal is not sent within 60days. Is there a choice to send the letter to the first appeal authority even after 60days or not possible ?

Also, Is it possible to include few more questions pertaining to the same issue in the letter to be sent to the FAA or we can ask only for the reply to our earlier letter ?
    Param,

1. The First Appeal has to be filed within 30 days of receiving the reply from the PIO or from the date when the reply was due.
    2. If your First appeal is filed after the stipulated period, it is to the "discretion" of the First Appellate Authority whether to condone the delay. So, it is your luck.

3. You cannot ask for "additional" information at the First Appeal stage. This is because the First Appeal is made ONLY against the order/no reply of the CPIO. So, if the original application did not cover any matter, please do not add it in your First Appeal.
    Only other option is to file another RTI Application.

Quote Originally Posted by bbmurali_2000 View Post
    I have one doubt. If RTI appkication is not given due respect by the offices, Is there any provision for taking it legally.
    Murali,

The flow is :

Application - First Appeal - Second Appeal

No legal route possible till the Second Appeal is over. Even after that, the only legal route is via a Writ Petition in the High Court and no other legal remedy is available.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android