Topic Identifier

Thread: PIO Details of muncipal corporation of karnatak

1. PIO Details of muncipal corporation of karnatak

Can any body help me to get the PIO details for Muncipal corporation of Karnatk

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: PIO Details of muncipal corporation of karnatak

jirli_s,

Please clarify which city in Karnataka ?

The following website will give you links to all Municipal Corportions in different cities in Karnataka. Each webpage of every corporation has a "RTI" link and those have the details of the PIO.

Municipalities, Municipality, Muncipal, Municipal Corporations Karnataka India Asia

3. Re: PIO Details of muncipal corporation of karnatak

Dear Karira.

Thanks for your valuable information. But i was unable to locate PIO in that site. any way i am searching... if u can help me to locate pio for BIJAPUR district it will be helpful

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

jirli_s,

On the website (link given earlier) is a list of Municipal Corporations in Karnataka.
    Item Nr. 4 is Bijapur City Municipal Council.
    Click on that link.
    The Bijapur MC page opens.
    On the extreme left hand panel, the 11th option is "RTI Act" (between "Contact Us" and "Budget")
    If you click on the RTI Act link, a pdf document will open.
    On page 16 of that pdf document (towards the end) you will find details of the PIO.
    Hope this helps.

5. Re: PIO Details of muncipal corporation of karnatak

Dear Karira

thank you very much. one more doubt,each and every munciple corporation will have PIO? . now i am planning to get some information regarding the projects happening in my ward in Muddebihal which is taluka place in Bijapur district. can I send application to the PIO listed in Bijapur RTI act.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

If you are covered by Bijapur MC, then you can.
    Probably you are covered under Local council or Panchayat ?
    Just check.
    The same body which looks after Roads, water supply, street lights, garbage, etc in your area is the one you should approach.

In any case , if you give your application to PIO of Bijapur MC, then under SEC 6(3) of the RTI Act, he must transfer it to the correct/appropriate PIO within 5 days of receiving the application, with a intimation to you, in writing.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android