Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Foreign Service Term Eligibility in service more than 25 years

Sir,

Greetings to everybody.

I am new member.

I availed E.O.L on foreign service term bet aug96 and Aug 98. I believe a central government servant can avail 5 years in life time. When I apply in my organisation for a period of 5 months, they rejected my application for E.O. L.on foreigns service term.

In this matter if anybody give details, I will be very glad and thankful.

M.Santhanam

› Find content similar to: Foreign Service Term Eligibility in service more than 25 years

Name:
    Dr. Pathak
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Hello Santhanam,
    Welcome to RTI India.

Regarding your issue, Can you explain again, as I am not sure if I understood.

Are you asking why your EOL was not granted? Or You mean you already availed EOL, and not on next application for EOL, the department refused?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sir,
    I had availed EOL for 2 years period between Aug'96 and Aug'98 to visit University Teknologi Malaysia in KualaLumpur,Malaysia with foreign Service Term.
    I understand from others / Swamy Publications etc., a Central Government Servant can avail 5 years period for their life time and the EOL will be granted two years at a time or 3 years for UN related assignment.
    In my organaisation, I have applied EOL for 5 months recently. BUt my management granted only EOL without salary and without Foreign Service Terms. I agree without salary is the norm. But they cannot say on Foreign Service Term.
    In this regard, I would like to get RTI's help to get the G.O or any reference or circular related to this subject or some useful hints from other members also.

M.Santhanam

Name:
    Dr. Pathak
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Hello Santhanam,
    I can understand that this is really important for you as EOL not on Medical grounds or Foreign Service term will not count towards pension of yours.

I tried searching for information but no success yet.
    A point of clarification though: How much is the service of yours?

However, you can always ask for the file noting whereby your case was decided via Right to Information.