Topic Identifier

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how to put an application for RTI, concerning property matter

1. Re: Hello

Hi karira,

Are you online at present, as i had a server problem since yesterday, am waiting for your reply

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: how to put an application for RTI, concerning property matter

rider,

I just got back.
    Will have a look at the background tomorrow.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

rider,

I can at the best guide you on the RTI aspects, since I am not too confident of "property" laws etc....

1. Two RTI applications need to be filed:
    First, with the Collector or registrars office with respect to "mutation/division" of the property and registering it as 4 separate units.
    Second, with the assessment department.

2. In the RTI application to the assessment department, first ask for "inspection" of all records, files, correspondence, file notings, etc concerning the said property as well as state that during the inspection you will want certain "certified photocopies" from the records you inspect.
    (This will give you a lot of inside information and you will come to understand what is going on behind the scenes as well as the sequence of events).

Some of your other questions need to be be slightly reframed:

1. What is the rateable value applied to the part inheritor of property and
    justification/reasons for the same under Sec 4(1)(d) of the RTI Act 2005, since I am one of the affected persons. Please provide me certified copies of any calculations sheet used to arrive at the above rateable value.

(You can add another question here: Please give me certified copy of the rateable value and the calculations used to arrive at that rate, of any other similar property with similar area in the neighborhood of the above mentioned property).

2. Whether any complaints/views/submissions/communications have been received by any member of the public regarding this property Nr.........
    If yes, please provide me certified copies of all such pages.
    (This becomes a blanket coverage of everything....why do you want to restrict yourself to only the other 2 or 3 who are creating mischief ?).

3. As per meeting held between Mr Y and Mr ..., Mr ..., Mr ...., Mr .... in his cabin on 13th March 2008, Mr Y had suggested to us:
    a)......
    b).......
    c)........

However, subsequently I received a notice increasing the rateable value of the property from Rs. ....... to Rs....... Since I am a affected person in this case, please inform me under Sec 4(1)(d) of the RTI Act 2005, reasons for such administrative decision of your department. The reasons given, should be backed and justified by certified copies of relevant laws, acts, rules, regulations, GO's, memos, etc justifying such action by your Public Authority.

4. What is the exact description of the property identified as........in your records.

5. How often and with what frequency are staff and officers of your department required to carry out surveys in the field to inspect properties in the area called....... to check whether the description, area, and other details of the property are correctly mentioned in your records ?
    Please inform me the time and date of the last inspection carried out by your staff or officers of the property identified as.............?
    Please provide me a certified copy of the last such inspection report where the property has been described as a "shed" ?
    Please provide me Name, designation, office address, office telephone number of the Officer or Staff member who made the above mentioned report.

(Note: The above information is being asked for just to put the responsibility on the department as to why they are continuing with incorrect description as "shed" and fix responsibility on the person who is continuing to describe it as "shed")

6. Please provide me certified copies of rules and regulations under which your department can give me several notices mentioning "FINAL INTIMATION" ? Under these rules and regulations , how many such "FINAL NOTICES be given by your department.

7. Please inform me what is the correct procedure and steps to be followed to do the following:

(here describe the background, the current situation and what you want to be done...)

8. As per your departments rules and regulations, how long will it take to complete the procedure as you have described in item nr. 7 above ?

=====================================================

Just go through the above, do the necessary grammatical corrections, add/delete what you feel is correct/incorrect and file the application.

Please remember that you need to file the application as per RTI Rules in Maharashtra. These are given in the following post:
    https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/2370-n....html#post8213

All the Best !

4. Re: how to put an application for RTI, concerning property matter

Hi Karira,
    <O
    Many thanks for your help. i have prepared 2 appications to be submitted today for RTI as well as BMC as i have been asked by the staff of assessment dept. *(verbally) to approach the IO, as he only Visits on Friday every week. They have also informed me to meet the IO today itself, otherwisae he may give judgement (ex-parte) as the two other parties were summoned seperatelyand they have signed on 29th feb 08 for their appearance in front of him. (the same was informed to me yesterday afternoon itself)<O
    <O
    * till date i have never acknowledged the notice given to me
    Attached Files Attached Files

5. Re: how to put an application for RTI, concerning property matter

Karira,

Please also find the other application which i am going to submit in the BMC to the Asst. Assessor and Collector & IO, do let me know if their are any changes to make and if i have to submit the same seperately to Asst. Assessor and the IO or i can submit it as single copy at the despatch section. Whether i also have to acknowledge personally from the IO & Asst. Assessor after putting my application with the despatch dept.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

rider,

This is a general application. It looks OK to me.
    Do you really want to mention that you are making a separate RTI Application to clarify things ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android