Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to put an application for RTI, concerning property matter

1. how to put an application for RTI, concerning property matter

Hi,

this is Vijay, i am an engineer by profession and would like to know if someone can tell me about how to put an application for RTI, concerning
    property related matters, to the assessment officer in BMC.

Looking forward to some suggestions from you all,

Thanx,
    vijay

2. Re: Hello

Hello Vijay Welcome to RTI India
    We have a lot of resource on how to file RTI application. Please read though the threads or try the search you will get a lot of material to start your application
    RTI India Network Staff Member

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Hello

Can you please clarify your querry with more details.

Is it that you want to make a RTI Application to BMC assessment officer for property tax ?

4. Re: Hello

Hi Karira,
    I m sorry in responding late, for your query ….Your guess is right. Yes it is regarding property Tax with respect to Sub Division of Property Tax Bills, I am enquiring this for my brother (a Doctor) who holds a property i.e. a Clinic which is a part of the whole property consisting of 4 shops. To explain in detail from the beginning, our grandfather was allotted an area to build a shop (hotel) on it in Dec' 48 after the partition as they were refugees. After the death of my grandfather in 1958, my father (a doctor) and his brothers subdivided the property in 4 Shops (unequal parts) according to the needs of their respective businesses by mutual oral agreement. My brother holds the same clinic (one of the part) which was owned by my father till his untimely demise in the year 1986, since then till date. The remaining 3 parts (shops) owned by my uncle’s were taken over by their wives (inheritors) after their demise. During these years out of 3 shops, 2 were sold by my aunts to the third parties – so now only 2 parts are owned by the original inheritors and the other 2 are the outsiders. Now the question here is how the property tax will be charged in such case where 2 parts (Shops) are owned by the original inheritors and the other 2 are the outsiders. (For your information uptill now the property tax is still being charged under my grandfather’s name for the same property as one). <O></O>
    My brother is apprehensive about the procedure being arbitrarily followed by ward office as there is no co-operation & no guidance given by them. He as well suspects collusion between staff of BMC & 2 new parties (Shop owners). As there are few more queries which he needs advice on, which cannot be disclosed here I therefore request you to provide your personal E mail address or Contact no. whichever is possible at your EARLIEST. I also once again apologize in responding late due to unavoidable circumstances,

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

rider,

You can ask for the information that you have outlined in your post to the PIO of the Assessment Dept. or property tax department.
    Alternatively you can also address the questions to the PIo of your local ward office, who will inturn forward it to the correct PIO for the information.

6. Re: Hello

Karira,

Thank you for your prompt response. I would also like to inform you that i have prepared the draft for putting up an RTI application which i need to send to you for any rectification and proper guidance as the matter needs urgent attention.Therefore if you can sms me your email add on my cell 09820890326 or if you require i can post my email add. accordingly.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

rider,

You can post your application draft here in word or pdf format.
    This way other members of the forum will also be able to guide you.

8. Re: Hello

Hi, Karira
    In the meanwhile I am sending a brief history about the property in discussion and in the next few minutes I will be posting the rough draft applications, which I will be submitting for RTI and to BMC, for which I may need your guidance.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast