Topic Identifier

Thread: I have filed an appeal before the CIC new Delhi. How long does it normally take to get a reply or decision?

1. I have filed an appeal before the CIC new Delhi. How long does it normally take to get a reply or decision?

I have filed an appeal before the CIC new Delhi. How long does it normally take to get a reply or decision?

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

re: I have filed an appeal before the CIC new Delhi. How long does it normally take to get a reply or decision?

Quite some time.
    There is a heavy backlog with the CIC and there are appeals/complaints pending since September 2007.
    You can check your appeal status on the CIC website CIC

3. re: I have filed an appeal before the CIC new Delhi. How long does it normally take to get a reply or decision?

More specifically, here is the link to check your appeal status:

Central Information Commission - Action Status

4. re: I have filed an appeal before the CIC new Delhi. How long does it normally take to get a reply or decision?

Dear All,
    It is widely known that the RTI Act was passed to increase accountability and transparency in the working of public authorities. The further issue is, what does one do when it is established that there is wrong doing on the part of a public authority (which is revealed through the RTI Act), and the authority refuses to act,then what happens? The CIC does not have punitive powers, nor can it compel that the public authority rectify its actions. Does one have to go back to the Courts to get a remedy? Considering the delay in our judicial system, this is not a viable option. Should not the CIC be given certain powers to enforce its findings to the benefit of the aggrieved citizen? At least can the CIC not ask for an Action Taken Report (ATR) from the concerned public authority? Mere knowledge or information without remedial action is meaningless. To paraphrase Confucious, the essence of wisdom (or information) is , having it , then using it. I would like to have the views of others.

5. Re: I have filed an appeal before the CIC new Delhi. How long does it normally take to get a reply or decision?

In my RTI appeals I find the IC 's decisions very casual and then they do not bother whether decision has been enforced or not?
    In afct presntly they are not ablre to locate my files of 3 RTI appeals
    so before giving them more teeth tey need to serious and put there house in order
    are the offices not computerised?
    NISHA

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: I have filed an appeal before the CIC new Delhi. How long does it normally take to get a reply or decision?

Nisha,

You are located in Delhi.
    Why don't you take a day off and visit the two CIC offices located at Old JNU campus and the August Kranti Bhawan (behind Bhikaji Cama Place, on Africa Avenue) ?
    Just spend time wandering around and entering various rooms.
    It will be an eye opener and you will understand why your 3 RTI Appeals are lost.

Regarding computerisation in the CIC, some efforts are being made but unfortunately many of the staff in the CIC (including one IC I know) are not computer literate.
    Twitter: @cjkarira

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android