Topic Identifier

Thread: Co-operative housing society

1. Co-operative housing society

Hi,
    Hello Everybody,
    Whether RTI Act is applicable to co-operative housing society?
    Which information I can ask ? From whom?
    I am in Gujarat,How much fee I am required to pay?How?

Thanks,
    Karim lakhani

2. Re: Co-operative housing society

Coop. housing societies come under the ambit of RTI Act. Please refer to the discussions in the thread :
    https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/981-co....html#post7204
    Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Co-operative housing society

karim,

1. Can you please read the threads with the tag "cooperative societies":

cooperative society Threads - Forum Tags by RTI India

2. You can file a RTI Application with the PIO in the office of the relevant Registrar of Cooperative Societies and he can get the information for you from the cooperative society.

3. Since you are going to file the RTI Application to a Public Authority in Gujarat, the RTI Rules for Gujarat will be applicable. Details of the Rules, Fees, etc..are available at:

CHRI: Commonwealth Human Rights Initiative

4. Re: Co-operative housing society

Co operative Societies of Delhi come under RTI Act,05. But it is not clear whether all Cooperative Societies of India come under RTI Act or not. It was mentioned in one earlier message that High Court had stayed the order of CIC in this regard; but latest position in this respect is not known to me. If any body can provide latest development and or HC's order wrt the point raised.

5. Re: Co-operative housing society

RTI Act is applicable to the Registrar of the co operative societies only;co operative banks also come under the name of co operative society.you would not get any information directly from any co operative society as there is a stay by the State High Court whether the co operative societies come under the head ' public authority'.I am also from Gujarat.

The RTI act is not appplicable to the Cooperative hosuing societies as they are not public authorities within the meaning of the said act. As a member, one can surely ask for info. from the management which is sure to ignore the intruding requests,but it is necessary to apply first & to follow this procedure. Thereafter 30 days down the line the aggreieved member can raise his grievance with the Dy/Asst registrar of one's ward having jurisdiction, who is dutybound to issue necessary orders to the Society for Information

Name:
    Mahender Singh Anand
    Blog Entries

Hello Sir,Whether Social Welfare Association (Regd) in Delhi is under RTI act 2005 or not?
    If so then to whom to file RTI ?

Whether Social Welfare Association can run with Group Housing society parallely as Saket kunj residents Welfare Association (Regd) is running with Saket Group Housing society in Sec. 9 Rohini Delhi-85.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android