Topic Identifier

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 9 to 11 of 11

Thread: Should we bribe someone to obtain the information under RIA

  1. #9

    Re: Should we bribe someone to obtain the information under RIA

    Dear MR Khan
    There is nothing like to think about that spio does not give reply to your required information from BBMP office. It is mendatary to reply for asked information. If one officer changed then the other officer is appointed on the spio/cpio post to provide the information. You will get the information if you make an appeal in 45 days after the nagetive reply to the higher authority, state information commissioner. ( Read the rti appeal ). Now the commission had the power the send the arrest warrants under cp code.
    Secondly about the bribe, as you know this is a criminal offece and should report to the vigilence department of the state. The state vigilence deptt number you can get from the web site of state vigilace deptt. If the person is already out and left the department or retired it may be bit difficult to punish him.

    Satnam singh

  2. #10
    Kamaljit Singh Rangi
    Blog Entries
    Rep Power

    Re: Should we bribe someone to obtain the information under RIA

    I believe this is the best questtion.. How an average person can go from door to door and ask who is responsible for what.

    Why not every department publish who is the PIO. For example, Air India, Punjab State Electricity Board, Punjab Police, etc., have web apges. However, if you go to their web pages, none of the organization has list the PIOs on the web sites.

  3. #11

    Re: Should we bribe someone to obtain the information under RIA

    Dear Ranjgiks
    I have written you earlier reply to your question and now the question has come up How to find the Pio of the department. Sir yesterday one news has come that the cic has served nonbailable the arrest warrant to the mufatlal head of the department for not appointing the pio in the concerned and concern came running to the court and asked appology and assured appointing pio to answer immidiately to aoid the fine and arrest. so if no pio is intimated or you do not find any one ,simply send by post pio c/o head of the department and write last para, (please farword to the concerned pio as per rti act 2005) then keep quite for 35 days, you will find that the reply will come if not then send the new application to the state infomation commissioer complaint appeal you will see that an approperiate action is taken.

    Satnam singh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


    RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android