Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Should we bribe someone to obtain the information under RIA

Dear RTI Cell,

I had asked the BBMP (Bangalore) regarding some information about Assistant Revenue Officer who was posted to JJR Nagar Ward. Now the officer is retired. Its more than 40 days now and I have not got any information subjecting to my inquiry under Right to Information Act. I have completed the formalities and paid the fee through DD.

When I went to the ward of BBMP asking for the reply to my letter, one official, demanded money from me to provide the details. Also he told he will not be giving any details until I pay him.
    Now under this situation I dont have any information of the address of the RIA branch office in Bangalore to take this issue.

If there is any office, kindly provide me with the address so that I can take this issue to the concerned officer against Officer who is an officer of BBMP demanding money.

Looking forward to get the information,

Regards,
    Moosa Khan

› Find content similar to: Should we bribe someone to obtain the information under RIA

Re: Should we bribe someone to obtain the information under RIA

The subject line of yours is as reading " If you want to same someones life why not to give him a suggestion for suicide"

Yes you can go ahead and seek the assistance of Police, Anti Corruption and even the vigilance wing with the said dept from wherein the Officials belong

GO ahead
    Abhinav Bohare
    ....No is Nothing; Knowz Everything

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Before applying for information under theRTI Act, Kindly go through the Act and if possible clear your doubts consulting with some one who has been using the Act. I don't think you need to be told that corruption is a crime and how to encounter it based on one's own calibre.

Name:
    Sidharth
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Hello Moosakhan,

Paying Bribe to get Info is the Antithesis of RTI.
    So dont even think of it.

Please get in touch with Local RTI Support groups in Bangalore and seek their assistance.

You have KRIA Group in Bangalore.

You will also find a listing of RTI Activists/Volunteers of your City in this page. Contact them and see if they can help you.

PrajaNet :: Resource Persons

And revert back to this forum with your experience.

Good Luck in your RTI Quest.

Sidharth

The Correction in my lines from Same to SAVE...

The subject line of yours is as reading " If you want to SAVE someones life why not to give him a suggestion for suicide"

Now lines make sense , but corruption would always remain nonsense

GO ahead
    Abhinav Bohare
    ....No is Nothing; Knowz Everything

Name:
    J.P. SHAH
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

U can file first appeal by visiting state govt website. Bribes are not to be paid. One of the purposes of RTI is to curb corruption. For guidance best way is to get in touch with RTI NGOs at Bengalooru.
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

dear moosa, if you have not received a reply to your RTI query within 30 days, go for First Appeal. no need to visit the office to find out what happened to the application. that is the only way under the RTI act. do not even dream of paying for information. that would ring the death knell for the RTI act. if you are daring enough, you can use other methods to bring the corrupt officer to book.

Name:
    Dr. Pathak
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

I think this thread might help further in the issue:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/792-pi...-appelant.html

Also I searched our forum and found following relevant threads worth reading:

1. http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/86-rti...officials.html
    2. http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/1638-f...n-use-rti.html
    3. http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/1362-p...-0-0-note.html
    And also I searched the blog and found one interesting blog posted by Aashna Paul:
    RTI India - Effectiveness of RTI in a corrupt society