Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up Application for Property card & survey plan

Hi everybody. Today is my first day with RTI. I am quite happy today as i had a very pleasant experience at the government office.

To begin, I want to apply for a change of user certificate for a new property whcih I have bought, to be used for my clinic purpose. I approached the building proposal dept in mumbai, & they told me that I could not apply directly. i ahd to put in my proposal thru an architect. So i approached a couple of architects thru well wishers. Both these architects told me that any procedure in the building proposal dept requires a lot of money to be exchanged under the table. They actually gave me a quotation of 4-6 lakhs if the file gets sorted out in the dept, and the rate would go upto additional 4 lakhs if the file goes to the mantralaya, urban development dept. In addition the architects professional fee to help me out with the entire thing would be between 1-2 lakhs. His liason officer would meet the officials, fix the rate for me. I could be personally present to hand over the money, if I wanted to negotiate.They also gave me a list of documents which I need to be ready with before the architect puts in my proposal to the building proposal dept. Getting these documents would take me another 50,000/-. In all the budget which I should be ready with me for the above certifiacte would be 10-15 lakhs [cash]. After meeting both these architects, I was quite dissapointed, as I had spent my entire fortune in buying the place for my future practice after taking a loan. Imagine wher would i get an additional 10 lakhs ?
    1 night while surfing, i typed in property card & survey plan [documents required to be submitted] as a search word. I was shocked to see that i could apply online for the same. I put in my details and within seconds i was given a printout which i had to submit at the government office. So today morning i reached the office and submited my application, i was told to pay Rs 200 for both and asked to come 8 days later to collect it. It took me just 20 mins to finish the entire procedure and without greasing anyone's hands. Today i really felt proud that the government is taking positive steps to reduce bribes. Also i felt good that the tax money which i pay is being used properly to computerise all government offices , which in turn helps each one of us.
    The only dissapointment was the architects who themselves being so educated were hand in gloves with the corrupt officials and promoting all this. I dont know what will be my next hurdle, but i have become very positive at not bribing anyone , as i have done no wrong. Patience pays. So say no to bribing is my new motto. Things might get delayed but they can be achieved

› Find content similar to: Application for Property card & survey plan

Re: Application for Property card & survey plan

Corruption has become so institutionalised and rampant that we feel that nothing could be done in Govt office without bribe. We are ready to put money at the drop of a hat. Your experience proves that the systems still work and they work more efficiently with technology. More such good experiences should be shared.

Name:
    Vinod Chawla
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hello,

Kindly let me know which is the site for online application of property card.

Thanks and Regards,
    Vinod Chawla

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Dear Mr.reemjain,

I was thrilled to read your above post. India need more people like you. I sincerely wish you the strength to sustain

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Kushal, above Post by reemjain need to be put up prominently in success stories so that we start looking at the system in a more balanced way instead of black and white ; the architects referred to in above post were no "babus".

Thanks reemjain.
    Last edited by opsharma; 27-06-08 at 09:05 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi. Following is the web site. Or you can just type Property card mumbai in any search engine and you will get the details.
    mumbaicity.nic.in

Name:
    J.P. SHAH
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

Dear Reemjain,
    Thanks for sharing your experience. My sincere request to you is to get yourself familiarised with RTI Act 2005 by navigating this portal and it will further help you on how to resist corruption. It is the best piece of legislation enacted since 1947 and one of the purposes of it is containing corruption.
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

Name:
    Chandu Mhatre
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am trying to get the details of property in Subursbs of Mumbai at Goregoan East, Pls cld you give the web link and where I cld get details for submitting the plans as ym architects are asking for large amount to be paid in cash for aplications.

many thanks

chandu123

Quote Originally Posted by reemjain View Post
    Hi everybody. Today is my first day with RTI. I am quite happy today as i had a very pleasant experience at the government office.

To begin, I want to apply for a change of user certificate for a new property whcih I have bought, to be used for my clinic purpose. I approached the building proposal dept in mumbai, & they told me that I could not apply directly. i ahd to put in my proposal thru an architect. So i approached a couple of architects thru well wishers. Both these architects told me that any procedure in the building proposal dept requires a lot of money to be exchanged under the table. They actually gave me a quotation of 4-6 lakhs if the file gets sorted out in the dept, and the rate would go upto additional 4 lakhs if the file goes to the mantralaya, urban development dept. In addition the architects professional fee to help me out with the entire thing would be between 1-2 lakhs. His liason officer would meet the officials, fix the rate for me. I could be personally present to hand over the money, if I wanted to negotiate.They also gave me a list of documents which I need to be ready with before the architect puts in my proposal to the building proposal dept. Getting these documents would take me another 50,000/-. In all the budget which I should be ready with me for the above certifiacte would be 10-15 lakhs [cash]. After meeting both these architects, I was quite dissapointed, as I had spent my entire fortune in buying the place for my future practice after taking a loan. Imagine wher would i get an additional 10 lakhs ?
    1 night while surfing, i typed in property card & survey plan [documents required to be submitted] as a search word. I was shocked to see that i could apply online for the same. I put in my details and within seconds i was given a printout which i had to submit at the government office. So today morning i reached the office and submited my application, i was told to pay Rs 200 for both and asked to come 8 days later to collect it. It took me just 20 mins to finish the entire procedure and without greasing anyone's hands. Today i really felt proud that the government is taking positive steps to reduce bribes. Also i felt good that the tax money which i pay is being used properly to computerise all government offices , which in turn helps each one of us.
    The only dissapointment was the architects who themselves being so educated were hand in gloves with the corrupt officials and promoting all this. I dont know what will be my next hurdle, but i have become very positive at not bribing anyone , as i have done no wrong. Patience pays. So say no to bribing is my new motto. Things might get delayed but they can be achieved

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast