Ganpat
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Re: Indian American doctor fights for information

Subsequent Posts of someguy& snkmoorthy removed to avoid heat getting generated here.

All new members are suggested not to rake up old news reports to generate fresh controversies.

Forum Rules need to be strictly adhered to while making posts.

› Find content similar to: Indian American doctor fights for information

Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

Name:
    Yousaidits Optional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ganpat1956 View Post
    All new members are suggested not to rake up old news reports to generate fresh controversies.

Forum Rules need to be strictly adhered to while making posts.
    Shri ganpat1956,

I assumed that if an old thread was still open, one could still post to it. As regards the tone of my posts, controversy was not my intent. I had assumed that vigorous arguments in favor of ones position were acceptable, as long as they were based on available facts. I will try and maintain a more circumspect tone here in future.

Dr. snkmoorthy,

If you wish to continue our discussion and if shri ganpat1956 and other moderators permit, please feel free to message me.

regards,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ganpat sir, your advice is timely and it shall be adhered to; i was merely pointing out the defence side of the issue;

Name:
    Ganpat
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

If there is any further development that needs to be incorporated, members may please approach any of the moderators and the thread will be opened for the same.

Name:
    Ganpat
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

NRI doctor gets Rs. 1.72 crore compensation for wife's death

In one of the longest running cases of medical negligence, the National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission (NCDRC) on Friday awarded compensation of Rs. 1.72 crore to the husband on an NRI doctor who had died due to medical negligence while on a social visit to Kolkata in May 1998.

The hospital and the doctors were found guilty of negligence by the Supreme Court in 2009 and the case was referred to the consumer court for the sole purpose of determining quantum of compensation. The NCDRC earlier found no negligence by doctors or AMRI and had dismissed the case in 2006, forcing Saha to approach the apex court.

The NCDRC has deducted 10 per cent of the amount for 'contributory negligence' on part of Saha himself as he interfered in the treatment. Saha had sought damages totaling Rs. 77 crore.

Read more at: http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/n.../1/157099.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12