Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Protest against fee hike in Chandigarh RTI...

Re: Protest against fee hike in Chandigarh RTI...

That means we should accept the things as they are.Quite a passism.Whaen there is no option still there is option and we have to find that.Any taker

R K Garg

cant we ask all RTIians to write at least one application/letter/representaion to Deptt of Personnal & Training Ministry of Home Affairs New Delhi with a copy to Chandigarh Administartion to reverse the fee hike.I think the efforts should also be made for Haryana state also where like Chandigarh the RTI rates are equitable.

R K garg

Name:
    Devi Reddy (Dr) Paliwal

Quote Originally Posted by R K Garg View Post
    cant we ask all RTIians to write at least one application/letter/representaion to Deptt of Personnal & Training Ministry of Home Affairs New Delhi with a copy to Chandigarh Administartion to reverse the fee hike.I think the efforts should also be made for Haryana state also where like Chandigarh the RTI rates are equitable.

R K garg
    I.am with you. At least we haryana info warriors should come forward.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for a few good men to do nothing.

i am in agreement with Dr S.S Phalswal Ji. We must go for positive efforts.

What is ahppening on this issue.I think every thing has died down and no action is required or desired.

R K Garg

It is really a matter of great concern that UT Administration has worked aginst the spirit of the RTI Act by hiking the application fee from Rs 10 to Rs 50 and per page cost from Rs 2 to Rs 10. It is due to the fact that the corrupt bureaucracy by hiking the RTI fees has displayed the highhandedness and made attempt to hide their nefarious activities. Though the administration had been to contemplate the idea of rolling back the fee hike. But unless and until we can't build pressure on the administration the roll back is not possible. We should be determined to continue our struggle against the decision. We should move application to Central Information Commissioner under Section 18 of the Act asking him to issue necessary instructions to the Chandigarh Administration to update their official website. We are struggling for the transparency but the official's babudom don't like to provide the information and reject the applications considering those as frivolous. Quite an informative information is considered as frivolous by these babudom community. Now the bureaucrats have learned that the public is now so aware that they have started exposing the corrupt practices going on in the offices, so they are planning to cut the throat of RTI which the common man has got after so much struggle and by the efforts of efficient and learned people of the society. So, now the bureaucrats don't like that the common citizen of India become stronger. The fee hike funda is that suppose I furnish the application and the inforamation is in 100 pages. The cost according to new rate would be Rs 1000. Now I will think it will be better to pay a bribe of Rs 200-300 to the dealing hand rather to spend time and energy to get the information. Now with fee hike both the purpose has been solved. One the bureucrats saved their skin and hide their wrong doings and other the purpose to get the amount under the table became easy. The need of the hour is not to hike RTI fee but the penalty for not providing the information or for giving frivolous replies should be increased to Rs 2 lac.
    Rajneesh Madhok,
    B-xxx/63, nehru Nagar, St. No. 2,
    Railway Road,
    Phagwara (Pb)

I do not support your views fully.There is novel way to save yourself from paying the high fee.I will discuss later

thanks

R K Garg

Honourable Mr. Garg,
    I shall regard your views if furnished in detail. We are seeing from the last 4 years that the disciplanry ation against the PIO and FAA is rarely taken. The bureucrats cross limits of decency but no action has been taken in almost 95% cases against their frivolous replies. Inforamation Commissioners knowingly argue in the favour of PIO and FAA with the Appellant and if you keep on pointing PIO and FAA's offence then he will scold you as in the case of mine with my complaint Rajneesh Madhok Vs. IOCL had happened. We people used to file complaint against the errs of the PIO and FAA. What we get from IC is the humiliation for the fault that we had not done. As Prof. M.M. Ansari though admitted that PIO has not replied in time. But scolded me that this was the case of EGO and you people are wasting the time and energy of the CIC for the meagre amount of Rs. 100/-
    Rajneesh Madhok

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android