I ready to contribute towards RTI issues

I ready to contribute towards RTI issues

Please let me know the formalities

R K Garg

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

Re: RTI Issues

I think that you have already passed the gate of formalities. Now please START CONTRIBUTING.

I am appending below the letter written to authorities which shows the working of RTI In Chandigarh

M 09872692400

Dated 4th March 2008

The Director-cum-Appellate Authority,
    CTU, Industrial Area, Phase 1,
    Chandigarh

Sub:- Appeal against CPIO CTU

In response to my application, under RTI Act, Dated 22.01.2008,General Manager-cum-CPIO,CTU vide his letter No.Steno/GM/CTU/08/391 dated 20.2.2008 informed me to deposit Rs 90 against the supply of documents. Immediately of receipt of said letter on 25th Feb.2008 I approached his office and was told that Sh Ram Mehar, reportedly the dealing official was on leave for three days hence advised to come later.All calls made have not been relied satisfactorily hence, this appeal is filed on following grounds:

• My application was filed on 22.1.2008, prior to the increase in rates hence the old rates are applicable.
    • The CPIO has failed to deliver the information within 30 days (dealing hand not available when contacted) hence should be delivered free of charges.
    • The CPIO has not given clear message about the person/address where the money could be deposited.
    • All calls made to only known telephone number 2679003 ( Hardly free) have not yielded any result as CPIO never comes on line either reportedly he is in workshop or lunch
    • Who so ever picks up phone is not able to give correct information

Under the circumstances ,the CPIO may be instructed to supply the information free of cost at my address or if it is to be collected personally than he may be asked to convey ( On Mobile No.9872692400) the date, time and contact person with complete address so that the under signed applicant can collect the requisite information.

R K Garg
    #3328, Sector 27D
    Chandigarh

CC:
    1. The Director Public Relations for information and necessary guidelines in such cases by the Chandigarh administration
    2. The Joint Secretary Home ( Transport) for information and necessary action in the matter as discussed above with necessary guidelines for future in such cases

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

Dear Mr.Garg,
    The grounds appears not satisfactory unless you are in a position to prove that CPIO's letter dated 20-2-2008 was receipted by you only on expiry of 30 days from the date of receipt of your letter of 22-1-08 by the CPIO. Please note that the responsibility to prove that an anitimation on requirement of further charges has been sent to you before the expiry of 30 days is that of the CPIO If you succeed in proving that you did not get the intimation within 30 dys from date of receipt of your application by CPIO, you are entitled to get the information free of charge. Other aspects highlighted does not have much relevance. For.Eg ., it is not obligaory for the dealing clerk to be present when you visit or respond by telephone etc. You could have depositted the amount by other means and handed over the chalan etc at the Acceptance Counter.

Re: I ready to contribute towards RTI issues

Your views are partially agreed.Agreed that CPIO is not bound by me or need not to be present as and when I visit their offices but cannot CPIO fix some time for delivry of Information and Receipt of Cash.Please note that other means of payment though open but take a lot of time,as per experience such paynets are almost lost in transit.I am taking up the issue of harassment withthe CHnadigarh administartion and in this regard I will request all members to suggest the ways and means to make life of RTI Activist easy.

One more issue I would like to bring to kind notice .I have asked information on foriegn visits of Officers of Chandigarh UT adminstartion.Most of these officers are also Appellate Authorities or bosses of Appellate Authorities.As these very officers are required to decide the Appeal and they are also responsible for the vital information,the CPIO finds it hard to supply information without screening.Since the news regading Foriegn visits was published in THe Tribune dated 12.02.2008(Aditi Tandon) undr the heading Jaunte......Babu.. Costs you 50 lacs.A lot of duststorm has taken place.Now the officers are not providing me the actual hotel Bills and Air tickets.Actuall some these officrs ahve not submitted the Hotel Bills to their accounts deptt for obvious reasons.
    The Drwaing and Disburseing Officers along with Audit Staff of AG Office has also not taken any cognigence.
    A mail to CIC Has got the response taht if made a formal representation than a complaint under Section 18 of RTI Will be treates.

Please let me know as to how I get can get the Hotel Bills and Air tickets.Here one aspect is very importtant.Since I have requested all officers to provide Details of TA bills,the discrepancies in their bills are increasing with every receipt.Even some of the officers have mixed up their information.These officers have made foriegn visits jointley but claimed expenses from their respective deptts.I think lot expenses have neen claimed on the basis of photocopies and receipts only.

If you go through the report dated 12.02.2008 ( in The Tribune Available of internet also.) than you will know every thing.

I will request all members and readers to contribute to this issue.

Any other information if required may be intimated in reply
    R K Garg

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

The related news item can be seen here also:

https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/2541-b...two-years.html

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

R K Garg,

Re Air tickets, TA/DA bills, Hotel Bills, what was it that you exactly asked for ? Did you ask only for expenses or copies of the bills/tickets, etc ?

Are they denying to you under some section of the RTI Act or are they just dilly dallying giving the information ?

Can you please clarify ?

There are several instances when CIC has allowed disclosure of TA/DA bills:

https://cic.gov.in/CIC-Orders/Decision_22012008_08.pdf
    https://cic.gov.in/CIC-Orders/Decision_14022007_11.pdf

I had asked for details of Travelling expenses, alongwith copies of bills,made by Officials of UT adminstartion.CPIO took almost 5 months and a order by the appellate authroity for partial supply of details of travelling expenses and copies of TA Bills.
    I think the CPIO supplied the copies but retained Copies of Air Ticket and Copies of Hotel Bills as it is un believeable that TA bills can be passed and paid without getting all Hotel and Air tickets on file.That become more of a serious nature.
    When CPIO failed to supply the requisite documents I filed the appeal .At the time of hearing the CPIO said that he has supplied all the documents he was having.According to him he does not have original Air Tickets and Hotel Bills as such he cannot supply.The Appellate authorities gave a view that CPIO can supply what ever record is there.But some of the CPIOs have supplied me copies of bills where ever the officer was alone on a visit but they have reatined bills where their families acoompanied.As such they are dilly dallying on the issue.As matter is concerned to high officials no body is able say any thing

Under the circumstances what is option available to me.

The news item dated 12.02.2008 ( oublished in the The Tribune) has not been displayed on your site.Please do the need full

R K Garg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android