Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

HP gas company is insisting me to buy a oven also from them, otherwise they will not give connection.

Hi!

I have joined a public institute in pune in Jan 2008. On 14th Jan I registered for domestic LPG connection to a local HP distributer. I went 6-7 time to them and they keep on telling come after few days. After about 48 days they sent a person to my house for checking (whether I have any connection). Now they are insisting me to buy a oven also from them, otherwise they will not give connection. They say it is the rule of HP company. Their prices are higher than market by more than Rs. 800 and which I don't like to buy. Can the RTI act help me ?

Regards & Thanks,
    Subodh

› Find content similar to: HP gas company is insisting me to buy a oven also from them, otherwise they will not give connection.

Name:
    AJAY KR. BAHL
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: HP gas company is insisting me to buy a oven also from them, otherwise they will not give connection.

No the gas dealer can not force you to buy a hot plate. One can use any hot plate provided that it is ISI mark. The connection will be provided to you upon inspection of the hot plate by the gas companies representative for which a nominal fees of Rs.100/- is charged. and the connection will be issued in your name provided that there is no other gas connection in the premisis you are living in in your name. or in the name of any of your dependents.

for any further assistance you can contact the HP consumer helpline. My experience tells that this will help you in getting the desired connection.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Re: HP gas company is insisting me to buy a oven also from them, otherwise they will not give connection.

subodh,

The FAQ on the following website clearly says that the consumer can buy any BIS certified LPG stove:

HPGAS-your friendly gas - The HPCL brand of LPG

Name:
    Dr. Pathak
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

As you had already got the appropriate reply, I guess there does not seems to be any requirement of RTI in this case. if you have further issues with this, kindly ask this at our sister site Big Helpers.

Closing the thread.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android