I sent a letter to following address

Income Tax Officer (GC)
    C.R. Building
    Queens Road
    Bangalore
    <st1:city w:st="on"></st1:city>

<st1></st1><st1:city w:st="on"></st1:city>

and then followed it through phone
    They said that they have already transferred the amount in my bank accounts for both years
    I checked and found that for one year it is credited but not for second one.
    So again I have sent a letter and i think they will give me satisfactory reply again.

-nitin

Re: Income tax refund Bangalore

Hi Nitin

Thanks for your information
    I will also try the same and see whether I will get the refund or not

Thanks again
    regards
    Prasad

Hi Prasad,

Did you check out this site: https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/oltas/servlet/TaxRefundStatus
    One can at least know the status of ITR filed in previous years. I my case I came to know that it could not be credited to my account because I closed the account.

Hi Prasad,

I tried this link but im not getting the proper answer. It mentions No refund information is available for this PAN and Assessment Year. If this refund has been sent by your Assessing Officer within the last week, you may wait for a week and again check status. But i've not received any refunds yet for successive 2 financial years.

Please let me know how will i get my refunds.

Awating your response.

Hi nitin,

The address mentioned for bangalore is common for all?

Can i send the query to same address?

Awating your response

5. Re: Income tax refund Bangalore

It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

6. Re: Income tax refund Bangalore

Pl visit https://www.rtiindia.org/guide/how-to...i-act-2005-27/ and https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/...ax-refund.html. Assessing Officer of your IT ward where U submited ITR is the CPIO of your ward. Hence file RTI appln with him. Even if you file with any other CPIO of IT dept in India, he will send it to correct CPIO in 5 days of receipt by him, by refering to enclosures to rti appln.
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

Thanks to the forum on educating about RTI. I followed the procedure and filed a RTI to know about by 2007-2008 IT Refund and got response from the Assessing officer IT department that it is still in process and asked to wait till 31-Mar-2009. If not received they had given another person to be contacted. Is this usual or its just an eyewash for the sake of providing information on filing RTI?
    If I dont receive till Mar31st should I file new RTI or go ahead and file first appeal

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Was it FY 2007-08 or AY 2007-08 ?

If FY 2007-08, i think March 2009 is deadline. The Citizens Charter of the IT department says that the deadline is 9 months after filing your IT returns.

In any case, the PIO has to provide you information. Did he provide you the information you asked for in your RTI application ? If no OR if you are not satisfied, please file First appeal.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android