Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Permission of Central Govt for Amendment in RTI by UT administartion

In a reply to my application dated 15.2.2008 the CPIO Home 1 of Chandigarh Administartion has replied as under:
    Q:Has the permission of Central Govt sought or received before increasing the fee under RTI Act,if not under what authority the increase has been affected
    Ans: Not Required

Please let me know if it is correct for a UT to make amends in RTI Act without permission from the Central Govt

R K Garg

› Find content similar to: Permission of Central Govt for Amendment in RTI by UT administartion

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Re: Permission of Central Govt for Amendment in RTI by UT administartion

Quote Originally Posted by R K Garg View Post

Please let me know if it is correct for a UT to make amends in RTI Act without permission from the Central Govt

R K Garg
    I am really not sure. But UT does not have a Legislature so as per Sec 29, the rules should get approval from Parliament.

Please also see my post:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/2942-c...html#post10317

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Permission of Central Govt for Amendment in RTI by UT administartion

Can any body guide me on this issue of whether permission of Central Govt is required for amendment in RTI Act by a UT Administration.

I have to take up this issue

R K Garg

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android