Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ministry Of Health Not Replying To Rti Query

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Ministry Of Health Not Replying To Rti Query

Ajay,

OK, now understood your reply.
    First Appeal is fine and will hold scrutiny, if you choose to go for Second Appeal to CIC.

Thanks Karira,

Is the appeal I have sent thru e-mail valid mode for submitting the appeal to the AA. or do I need to send a print copy by post as well.
    What and how should I appeal to the CIC.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

ajay,

1. The email is a valid mode for making the First Appeal since the RTI does not mention any specific method of making the First Appeal (only electronic, only handwritten, only typed, etc...).
    Just to make doubly sure, send a copy by Registered AD wherein you clearly mention at the top:
    "original appeal sent vide email dated.....to......at the email id........... This is only a confirmation copy by mail"

2. The AA has 30 days to decide on your appeal and communicate to you. He can take an additional 15 days (total 30 + 15 = 45) provided he records the reasons for the extra 15 days in writing. Just give a few days more for postal delays etc. and then file Second Appeal.
    The Second Appeal can be made within 90 days of receiving the information from the PIO.

3. For details of points for the second appeal etc., please refer to the post #7 in this thread.
    Last edited by karira; 18-03-08 at 11:49 PM. Reason: spelling corrections

Karira,
    Please confirm that whether the Second Appeal can be made within 90 days of receiving the information from the PIO or 90 days from the date of receipt of reply from the AA.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Ajay,

90 days form the date of receipt of AA's decision or 90 days from the date by which he was supposed to have taken a decision (in case AA's decision not received by applicant).
    Twitter: @cjkarira

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Ajay,

Sorry, now I just realised why you had a doubt.
    In my post #11 above , it is a typo...it should be AA instead of PIO:

The Second Appeal can be made within 90 days of receiving the information from the AA

Sorry.
    Twitter: @cjkarira

Karira,
    Thanks a lot for the information.

Have received an e-mail reply from the AA to the appeal I had mentioned in #10.
    1. "Sorry. I am currently travelling abroad and this is my personal email. Pls file your appeal in my office."

2. "Would suggest that you file the appeal with the CCA of the ministry"

These are the two seperate mails I have received from the AA. Would like to mention that the e-mail id to which I had sent the mail is published against the name of the AA in Min of Health & Family Welfare's official web site.
    Do I have enough grounds to go to the CIC to seek justice or should I send a printed appeal to the above AA or to the CCA of the ministry as suggested by the AA.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android