Topic Identifier

Thread: The Appellate authority is not passing clear order

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Appellate authority is not passing clear order

I need help: The appellate authority is not giving appropriate reply, the decision is vague and is asking question instead. What are the powers of Appellate Authority? Can't AA have powers over PIO?

Name:
    Shrawan
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Powers of Appellate Authority: Quasi-Judicial

The Appellate Authority has got quasi-judicial power to go into the aspects like whether CPIO has given correct reply, whether he has applied all the provisions of Right to Information Act and he has to take a judicious decision while disposing of the appeal by passing a speaking order.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trueblue View Post
    I need help: The appellate authority is not giving appropriate reply, the decision is vague and is asking question instead. What are the powers of Appellate Authority? Can't AA have powers over PIO?
    Kaushal has already replied to you on the role and powers of the AA. Since a lot of time has passed, I guess it would be better if you file a Second Appeal with the CIC/SIC as the case may be.

Best wishes

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android