Topic Identifier

Thread: CIC asks BSNL to show cause for Rs 1 Lakh compensation...

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

CIC asks BSNL to show cause for Rs 1 Lakh compensation...

Applicant had applied for a phone connection twice in 1999 and 2004.
    Deposits had been paid both the times.
    Since telephone line was not installed, applicant followed it up regularly but with no response.
    Finally he filed RTI Application and again no response.
    Complaint made under Section 18 to CIC.

CIC has asked Chairman, BSNL to explain why compensation of Rs 1 Lakh should not be awarded to the complainant.

http://cic.gov.in/CIC-Orders/Decision_29022008_27.pdf

The Chairman, BSNL, should therefore explain as to why a compensation of rupees one lakh should not be awarded to the complainant for the detriment suffered by him since December 2006 for seeking information about the reasons, u/s 4(1)(d) of the Act, for not providing the telephone facility to the complainant. An explanation should be submitted within 15 working days from the date of issue of this decision.

Name:
    vijendra singh
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: CIC asks BSNL to show cause for Rs 1 Lakh compensation...

The I.C. used his mind in positive direction .This is rare of the rarest decision seen in CIC in 3 years. Who can be thanked for right decision ? luck of appellant or the rti activists ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am really happy on going through this CIC decision , as this is related with the information about the reasons u/s 4(1)(d) of the Act. I had experience of having information wrt u/s 4(1)(d) as ..... The RTI Act is meant for information and not for explanation or there is no recorded reason in this regard. Two complaints are pending with SIC in this regard. Now this decision will be much helpful during hearing.

Name:
    J.P. SHAH
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Of late, I have been wording query on reasons like this : Pl inform me reasons and supply certified copy of record containing reasons regarding................. [ref: sec 4.1.d of RTI act]
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android