i have asked for proceedings of the selection committe under RTI to my Institute, but the information has been denied under Section 8 (1) e. An appeal to Appelate Authority has also not helped. Can somebody help me.
1. upto what extent I can get the information
2. Distribution of marks awared to each candidate, can I get that
3. i have already appealed to CIC, New Delhi
Yes you can get selection proceeding by applying the doctrine of severability and deleating the name/designations of the selection commeetee members and marks of CR and Total marks if it contains the marks of CR if competent authority doesnot want to reveal CR marks. This is being followed in SEC Railway.
1. Doctrine of severability simply means removing certain parts of information and furnishing the rest. Certain parts are removed because they are exempted from furnishing under the Act. Simply because certain parts of information are exempted, the public authority should not deny the entire info. He can severe or remove that part which can be furnished and furnish it to the info seeker.
2. CR perhaps means Confidential Report.