Thread: Proceedings of a selection process

1. Proceedings of a selection process

i have asked for proceedings of the selection committe under RTI to my Institute, but the information has been denied under Section 8 (1) e. An appeal to Appelate Authority has also not helped. Can somebody help me.

1. upto what extent I can get the information
    2. Distribution of marks awared to each candidate, can I get that
    3. i have already appealed to CIC, New Delhi

I need your help

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Proceedings of a selection process

jat_mad,

1. You will get information upto the extent you asked for in your original RTI application.
    You cannot ask for "additional" information, at the Second Appeal stage.

2. There are many pages of decisions on the CIC website CIC.
    Please do a search there with "selection process" or "8(1)(j)" or (e).

3. Re: Proceedings of a selection process

Yes you can get selection proceeding by applying the doctrine of severability and deleating the name/designations of the selection commeetee members and marks of CR and Total marks if it contains the marks of CR if competent authority doesnot want to reveal CR marks. This is being followed in SEC Railway.

4. Re: Proceedings of a selection process

Dear Rajinder Ji
    Thanks for your support. Can u further elaborate the following points
    1. Please clarify what is doctrine of severability

2. What is CR

Jatinder Madan

Re: Proceedings of a selection process

1. Doctrine of severability simply means removing certain parts of information and furnishing the rest. Certain parts are removed because they are exempted from furnishing under the Act. Simply because certain parts of information are exempted, the public authority should not deny the entire info. He can severe or remove that part which can be furnished and furnish it to the info seeker.
    2. CR perhaps means Confidential Report.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android