Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Re: Can a Secretary ask for any information?

Whether an organization is covered under RTI or not depends upon which Commissioner hears the case
    C. I. Commissioner Ansari always rules that organizations are not covered.
    C. I. Commissioner Balasubramanian rules that organizations are covered.
    C. I. Commissioner Habibullah rules that organizations are covered.

Decision by Habibullah was the best reasoned decision. The parts of law that have governed this questions in other areas were well covered.

Under the rules of CIC, decision from one commissioner can be appealed to the Chief Information Commissioner. Since Habibulah is the Chief, an appeal against decision of Ansari has a good chance of being successful.

Satish

› Find content similar to: Can a Secretary ask for any information?

We need a volunteer in Delhi, who can write a good appeal against the decisions of Ansari. According to CIC rules, decisions of one commissioner can be appealed to the Chief Commissioner. If you are willing to do the leg work, please email me. It is important to appeal otherwise Ansari and PIOs will continue to deny the benefits of RTI to the public.

Thanks
    Satish Gupta
    Last edited by Satish Gupta; 07-07-07 at 12:33 AM. Reason: duplicate, did not see my earlier message was posted

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Satish,

Very good work and a excellent suggestion.
    Although, I would have been very interested to take this forward, unfortunately, I am in Hyderabad.
    Last edited by karira; 15-07-07 at 07:12 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Satish Gupta View Post
    According to CIC rules, decisions of one commissioner can be appealed to the Chief Commissioner.
    Thanks
    Satish Gupta
    You need to file a review appeal against this decision. You may point out CIC decisions No.CIC/A/3/2006 dated 03.04.2006 in Subash Chander Agarwal v/s Supreme Court of India.

Manoj

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Here is another decision which makes this whole issue even more confusing.

Please see:

http://cic.gov.in/CIC-Orders/Decision_12032007_16.pdf

In the comments, it is stated that earlier similar information sought by M/S Arjun Industries Ltd. was rejected on the ground that a company was not a citizen and that fee had not been paid in the prescribed mode by a decision dated 21.9.2006. Appeal against the decision was also rejected by the AA by an order dated 20.10.2006. Therefore, both the CPIO and AA have disposed of the case in time.

DECISION

2. Without going into the correctness of the decisions of AA/CPIO in
    regard to the application filed by M/S Arjun Industries Ltd., since the
    present application has been filed by the appellant as an individual, even though in the capacity as the MD of M/S Arjun Industries Ltd., the same decision cannot be applied in respect of the present application. Therefore, if the information sought by her is not exempt in any of the provisions of RTI Act, the CPIO will furnish the information within 15 days.

Viewers are also requested to read the following thread:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/ask-rt....html#post3770

Name:
    Dr. Pathak
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

I think one point the discussion is revolving is:

1. If the company/union ask for the information: Rejected
    2. If one ask in the individual capacity (By writing his name) even though in the company/union letterhead: Information to be given.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mpai View Post
    One must not forgot that this is your country and my country. The Govt. running this country is using your money and mine. So its our duty to make sure that they run the country as we want it and use the money, the way we fell they should.

Best wishes
    You are very Correct. Country has to run as we like becoz it is our money which is giving the strength to act the country against us. This we have to check.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mpai View Post
    There are several decisions. Looks like some of them have been pulled off the CIC site. Let me check out and inform later.

Best wishes
    Can any one give the decision where secretary has been allowed to ask information and allowed appeal too.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast