Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Query regarding PF claim

Hi,

I worked with a private company (July 05-July 06). Company is Mumbai based & i was employed at Delhi. After resignation i applied for the PF dues(gave them my SBI savings accnt number to transfer the money). My PF was being collected in Maharastra state as company is Mumbai based. Now i am in a dilema as:
    1. The company sent me the complete details including the cheque issue date and cheque number(issued against my SBI savings accnt number). But no money was ever deposited in my account and i have a written statement with me (From SBI), which also says the same.
    2. When i try to contact the Mumbai PF office then no one picks up the phone and there's no way to contact them or question them...
    Finally i am in a position where if i go to the company they say that they are done with there part and now its the responsibility of the PF dept, on the other hand no one is ready to pick the phone in PF dept. Also the bank has given in writing that no money was ever deposited in my account with given cheque numbers....

Can i file a RTI on the same? Does the private company [##########] can also be brought under scanner through RTI?

Please guide me on the same.
    Thanks a lot....

› Find content similar to: Query regarding PF claim

Last edited by Shrawan Pathak; 13-03-08 at 04:32 PM. Reason: name of company deleted

Re: Query regarding PF claim

From your post it appears that the PF account is maintained by the company itself and not the EPFO. It may be because the company is an exempted establishment, maintaining its own PF account without remitting the amount to the EPFO. Your grievance is, therefore, against the company only and not against the EPFO, which is a public authority covered by RTI Act. The private company does not come under the RTI Act. Therefore you cannot file an RTI application with the company. But you can file a complaint with EPFO mentioning your grievance. If they dont settle it within a reasonable time you can file a petition under RTI to EPFO asking them what action they have taken.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi,
    Firstly thanks a ton for your quick reply.
    Actually it's not what you replied back. My PF is maintained by the EPFO only and it's not maintained by the company(CMS). The problem is that the company says "we did our work and given back the details to you(details like cheque number etc.)". But as i told you the cheques never came to the bank & were never deposited in my account(i have a written statement with me which was issued by the bank).. So now the only hope left with me is the PF office, but when i call them then no one picks up the phone.The address of the concerned PF office is :
    [####################]

Thanks
    Last edited by Shrawan Pathak; 13-03-08 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Name of company deleted

The procedure is you have to fill up the form and send to the company who will sign/authenticate it and forward to the EPFO. The EPFO only issues the cheque. It is therefore not clear how the company says they have given u the cheque numbers. Any way you may write by name to the Regional Provident Fund Commissioner - I, of the address given by you (Bandra) with a copy to Mr.A.Viswanathan, Central Provident Fund Commissioner, Bhavishya Nidhi Bhavan, 14, Bhikaiji Cama Place, New DELHI - 110066. Fax:011-26172666. If that does not work within a reasonable period you can prefer an RTI application to the KCJP Narayanan, CPIO at the Bandra EPFO office Fax:022-26470030.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the reply,
    I filled up the PF docs & then deposited in the company. They forwarded it to the EPFO after completing their task. They sent me a scanned copy of the receipt (issued by EPFO). After my long follow up the company contacted the EPFO office & got the details(like cheque number etc.). So actually the cheques were issued by EPFO only.

Name:
    Dr. Pathak
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

RTI application to the KCJP Narayanan, CPIO at the Bandra EPFO office Fax:022-26470030.
    As has been already told you that you can file RTI application. We can only help you here in matters relating to RTI therefore, if you face any difficulty in filing RTI application let us know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks a lot for your support