Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

What to do when the PIO/AA disobeys the orders of theCommission ?

The CIC has made an exemplary judgement when the PIO/AA disobeys its orders. In an undisputed terms the CIC has ruled that it amount to an offence under Indian Penal Code. But what happen when the PIO/AA even after promissing to obey the orders directly to the SIC during the hearing, blatantly refuse to obey ? As per the RTI Act the appellant prefer a complaint under Section 18(1). But what to do when AA abstain and sent some one else in his place ? The PIO was not even summoned .Of cource in this case I have preferred a Second appeal as I have not availed the Second Appeal so far. Whatever I had filed earlier was only complaints under 18(1)(c) as the PIO and AA have not been replying. Any better cource of action ?

› Find content similar to: What to do when the PIO/AA disobeys the orders of theCommission ?

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Re: What to do when the PIO/AA disobeys the orders of theCommission ?

Only choice is to go back to the SIC.
    This time quote the famous CIC Decisions with the IPC sections.
    "Pray" in the second appeal to the SIC that SIC must also invoke the same IPC provisions.

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Re: What to do when the PIO/AA disobeys the orders of theCommission ?

I did exactly the way you have mentioned. Any way let us wait and see. Normal uncubation period is 6 months.