I would like to report a case/ have a question on RTO @ Jayanagar Bangalore
I have a maruti 800 ac model, registered in jayanagar rto.
I had taken the vehicle on company lease, however as I have paid all the money to the financer, I am looking at tfr the vehicle to my name
For the same, the RTO is asking me fora ddress proof, however as I am staying wtih my relatives I dont have any address proof.
Further to give an NOC for the KR Puram RTO, the RTO-Jayanagar is asking for a vehcile inspection. I would like to know, that as teh vehicle was originally registered in Bangalore, is the RTO right in asking for a vehicle inspection to give NOC.
I would like to know if the RTO comes under scope of RTI and how and where do I submit this RTI.
Unfortunately, there are no details of the PIO available on that website. Best is to call up the RTO, Jayanagar and ask him as to who is the PIO and to whom do you have to make the payment of Rs 10.00 application fee:
Regional Transport Officer, South, Jayanagar.<o></o> 26630989<o>,</o>26631233
Since the Karnataka Transport Dept. has not given any details about RTI or the PIO/AA, can you please also put in a question in your RTI application about that too.
(No, that is not a typo, I really don't know why they call them PIA instead of PIO)
2. Do not worry, the RTO will definitely know what is a PIO (or a PIA !)
Just a cursory look at the KIC website will show that RTO Jayanagar has amny Second Appeals, so by now he must be definitely aware.
3. You have to submit your RTI Application as per the Karnataka RTI Rules and format.
These are available at: KIC ::
4. You can make a RTI Application by email but you will have to make efforts to first find out email ids etc...as well as decide as to how you are going to pay your application fees.
5. I strongly suggest that you file the RTI application personally and get a acknowledgement receipt with date, stamp, signature and name on your copy.
6. The application can also be sent by Registered Post AD (so that the AD card acts as a proof of the delivery of your application to the PIO).