Topic Identifier

Thread: rto jayanagar- NOC issue

1. rto jayanagar- NOC issue

I would like to report a case/ have a question on RTO @ Jayanagar Bangalore

I have a maruti 800 ac model, registered in jayanagar rto.
    I had taken the vehicle on company lease, however as I have paid all the money to the financer, I am looking at tfr the vehicle to my name

For the same, the RTO is asking me fora ddress proof, however as I am staying wtih my relatives I dont have any address proof.

Further to give an NOC for the KR Puram RTO, the RTO-Jayanagar is asking for a vehcile inspection. I would like to know, that as teh vehicle was originally registered in Bangalore, is the RTO right in asking for a vehicle inspection to give NOC.

I would like to know if the RTO comes under scope of RTI and how and where do I submit this RTI.
    THX
    Pooja Shah

2. Re: rto jayanagar- NOC issue

Yes all Regional Transport comes under ambit of RTI. Go ahead and submit ur RTI application to PIO RTO

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: rto jayanagar- NOC issue

Pooja,

Please visit the following website to get more details about the procedure and documents required:

https://rto.kar.nic.in/list-procedures.htm

Unfortunately, there are no details of the PIO available on that website. Best is to call up the RTO, Jayanagar and ask him as to who is the PIO and to whom do you have to make the payment of Rs 10.00 application fee:

Regional Transport Officer, South, Jayanagar.<o></o>
    26630989<o>,</o> 26631233

Since the Karnataka Transport Dept. has not given any details about RTI or the PIO/AA, can you please also put in a question in your RTI application about that too.

4. Re: rto jayanagar- NOC issue

hi all, thx for your prompt replies.

I hav esome quetisons :

1. i will try calling up the RTO, but i am not sure they would even know what is a PIO

2. Can I not submit my RTI application via email ?? i mean snail mail ?? ie our good o'l registered post ?

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: rto jayanagar- NOC issue

Pooja,

1. The details of PIO's in all RTO offices in Karnataka are given here:

Government of Karnataka

(No, that is not a typo, I really don't know why they call them PIA instead of PIO)

2. Do not worry, the RTO will definitely know what is a PIO (or a PIA !)
    Just a cursory look at the KIC website will show that RTO Jayanagar has amny Second Appeals, so by now he must be definitely aware.

3. You have to submit your RTI Application as per the Karnataka RTI Rules and format.
    These are available at:
    KIC ::

4. You can make a RTI Application by email but you will have to make efforts to first find out email ids etc...as well as decide as to how you are going to pay your application fees.

5. I strongly suggest that you file the RTI application personally and get a acknowledgement receipt with date, stamp, signature and name on your copy.

6. The application can also be sent by Registered Post AD (so that the AD card acts as a proof of the delivery of your application to the PIO).

6. Re: rto jayanagar- NOC issue

Do deposit the requisite fee and get the acknowledgment too.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android