Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs down Disregarding RTI Act

Dear Sir,
    I am a Senior Citizen and a reired Government Officer. I retired as Joint Secretary to Government in Tamilnadu Secretariat. I sought certain details about the settlement of "Arrears of Pay Commission dues" withheld by the Accountant General, Tamilnadu, duly affixing court fee stamp to the value of Rs.10/-. Even after 55 days the A.G.Tamilnadu, did not care to send even an interim letter. In fact I sent a reminder on 21/2/08. The original letter was sent by speed post on 24/1/2008. If the Apex Central Government institution incharge of maintaining State accounts is disregarding the Central act and behaves indifferent manner to a retired Senior Government official and a Senior Citizen (now 65 years old) what will be fate of ordinary person. In spite of any amount of laws and acts enacted for the benefit of citizens Government officials never correct themselves and behave indifferently and disregard the rule. If "rtiindia.org" could help senior citizens like me the purpose of creating the forum will be fulfilled.
    K.R.Chandrasekaran.

› Find content similar to: Disregarding RTI Act

Name:
    J.P. SHAH
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

Re: Disregarding RTI Act

If accountant general is a central govt officer,You should have paid Rs.10/- by indian postal order in favour of accounts officer of the Accountant General office, payable at the place of submitting RTI application. If he is state govt officer, please file first appeal by visiting state govt website for proforma and fees if any for first appeal applicable to TN state. U should get reply within 30 days of receipt of appeal by first appellate authority [FAA]. Even despite this you donot get reply or reply is not satisfactory, you have to file second and final appeal with Central Information Commission, [CIC]Delhi or with State Information Commission [if pertains to state] within 90 days from date when reply of appeal was due or from date of receipt of reply, which ever is early. For CIC appeal and first appeal for central govt. pl visit my blog on this site. Wish you all the best, Sir.
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Sir,

You have made the application and attached the correct amount of fees and by a valid mode of payment. I hope you have the receipt of Speed Post with you.

The Tamil Nadu Rules etc. can be had from:

Right to Information Act and Rules, Tamil Nadu

As per the following amendment, court fee stamp is a valid mode of payment in Tamil Nadu:

http://www.tn.gov.in/rti/par/par_e_72_2007.pdf

Let's say that your RTI application dated 24/1/2008 reached the PIO on 27/1/2008.
    The reply was therefore due by 27/2/2008 (after 30 days).
    Even allowing for a few more days for postal delays, there is no reply...so it is "deemed" denial of information.

First Appeal can be made within 30 days form date when reply was supposed to be received. Please file First Appeal before 27/3/2008.

Depending on who is the PIO you addressed your initial RTI application to, details of the First Appeal Officer can be had from:
    PIOs of* Finance Department - Right to Information Act, Tamil Nadu

If you cannot find the correct FAA on that page, please address the First Appeal to:

Higher Officer for First Appeal
    under the RTI Act 2005
    ............................... (name of Public Authority)

The First appeal format is very simple in case of denial of information.

I am attaching a draft. Please amend it suitably and file it.

All the best !
    Twitter: @cjkarira

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the replies received on my problem lending helping hand. Since I am at outstation, I am in a position to pursue my matter by the end of this month. I hope the time lime for appeal will not be regid especially in respect of senior citizens and practivally could not take immediate action.
    k.r.chandrasekaran.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Mr Chandrasekaran,

Sir, you yourself know how things are.
    Please try to file the First Appeal definitely before 27th March 2008.
    If possible, you can send it by Speed Post from outstation.
    Why take a chance ?

Name:
    Rohi Ram
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dear karira ji
    can I use the general first appeal performa suggested by you in your attachment
    after making some changes according to my state, if I think that the information is incomplete or incorrect which has been sent by the SPIO to me. please also suggest me the changes i have to apply in your performa

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rohi Ram Rathi View Post
    Dear karira ji
    can I use the general first appeal performa suggested by you in your attachment
    after making some changes according to my state, if I think that the information is incomplete or incorrect which has been sent by the SPIO to me. please also suggest me the changes i have to apply in your performa
    Yes you can use it after making changes as per your case/requirement.

Name:
    Rohi Ram
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks karira ji,
    what will happen if I use the general performa for FAA instead of prescribed format,
    FAA can reject my appeal or not

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android