Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DoPT Circular re designation of PIO/Mode of payment/Cheque in favour of/application format

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

DoPT Circular re designation of PIO/Mode of payment/Cheque in favour of/application format

Attached is a DoPT circular dated 23 March 2007 instructing that:

a) PIO/APIO to be immediately appointed and details put up on website - if not already done
    b) IPO is a valid mode of payment for fees
    c) DD/BC/IPO drawn in favour of "Accounts Officer" of the PA must be accepted.
    d) RTI applications not to be rejected on the grounds that they are not in proper format

Twitter: @cjkarira

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: DoPT Circular re designation of PIO/Mode of payment/Cheque in favour of/application format

The circular is attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

3. Re: DoPT Circular re designation of PIO/Mode of payment/Cheque in favour of/application format

The above circular says "The Act or Rules notified by the Government do not prescribe any format of application for seeking information. Non-acceptance of an application on the ground that it is not in prescribed format is against the provisions of the Act."

Then why some State IC insist to file information in the prescribed format (Form 1) and how some of them framed the rule of filing the application in singe page ?

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: DoPT Circular re designation of PIO/Mode of payment/Cheque in favour of/application format

Dinesh,

I think this circular refers to RTI Rules made for PA's under the centre.
    There is no format prescribed for an application under Central rules.

Yes, ofcourse. The DOPT circular is applicable only for central PIOs. Not for state PIOs.

The state and Central Information Commission are independent bodies and they can have their own way regarding format of the application. But necessary details about the applicant should be there along with prescribed fee in proper format.

Dear Sir,

My RTI application was sent back saying that i had made payment of IPO in favour of Accounts officer instead of Asst Account Officer in O/o Commissioner & Director of School Education, Andhra Pradesh.
    Is the same circular by DoPT applicable to Andhra Pradesh state.If not any circular issued by Andhra Pradesh SIC.
    In every state govt office payment should be in favour of Accounts Officer only as it will be more convinient to all of us, because i had faced lot of problems in different govt offices in my state viz...in District Educational Office they say IPO should be drawn in favour of District Educational Officer,in Tahsildar Office they say IPO should be in favour of Tahsildar instead of Account Officer.
    Coming in experience with all these problems now a days i am sending RTI applications through affixing court fee stamps of Rupees 10/-.
    In most of the offices cash is not accepted.
    There should be solution for all these type of problems.

Regards,
    Amin

DOPT circular is applicable only to central govt. establishments and in application of the Central Rules. The State Govts. have their own rules regarding payment modes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android