View Poll Results: Is it justified to pay the fee for entire course to get your original marks card back, even if you a

Voters
9. This poll is closed
  • Yes

1 11.11%
  • No

5 55.56%
  • Depends on terms and conditions at the time of joiing the course.

2 22.22%
  • Don't know

0 0%
  • Option 3 is valid however paying entire fee just for marks card is foolish. Option 2 may be OK

1 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How to get my original marks card and extra fee back on discontinuation of engineering in bangalore.

I joined M.V.J. college of Engineering in Bangalore in 2003 bearing USN # 1MJ03TE002 which is affiliated to V.T.U. I have completed my 1<SUP>st</SUP> year and paid fee(approx 50000INR p.a.) for the same and entered 2<SUP>nd</SUP> year by paying fee for the same, unfortunately got N.S.S.R.(Not Satisfying Sessional requirement) or so called attendance shortage due to health issue which the college did not concider and I was held in 2<SUP>nd</SUP> year(4<SUP>th</SUP> semester). Restarted 2<SUP>nd</SUP> year right from scratch(3<SUP>rd</SUP> semester) as per college authorities and had to pay the fee again for 2<SUP>nd</SUP> year. Later entered 3<SUP>rd</SUP> year as the session started and results for the 2<SUP>nd</SUP> year was not yet out, again college made me pay the fee for 2<SUP>nd</SUP> year and didn't allow me to wait for the results to be announced, unfortunately after N.S.S.R . as I have lost interest in studies I got year back in 2<SUP>nd</SUP> year, however I have paid annual fee totally 4 times which includes fee for 3<SUP>rd</SUP> year as well. Now I want my original 10<SUP>th</SUP> and 12<SUP>th</SUP> marks card back and if possible then the extra fee which I have paid as I am not continuing with engineering.

When I asked college authorities for the marks card and extra fee they said forget about the extra fee and you have to pay fee one more time which will be for final year to get the original marks card and it doesn't matter whether you are continuing with the course or not.

Is this fair? Could you please help me in any ways, I belong to an average family and cannot afford to pay the fee for other CISCO course which I am planning to do and even if some how I manage the fee then I need my original marks card which is with college.

› Find content similar to: How to get my original marks card and extra fee back on discontinuation of engineering in bangalore.

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Re: How to get my original marks card and extra fee back on discontinuation of engineering in bangalore.

If one view from the side of the aggrieved, it is not fare to charge the entire fees. But look from the side of the Administration. If they are allowed 100 seats, they can admit only 100. No admission is allowed after the prescribed period. If students start dropping they have to run with lesser students. if the Administration has to refund the fees or allowed to get away by not paying the entire dues of the year, the Administration will have no choice but to close down the Institution. Further this requirement will be a deterrant for those sitting in far too many boats at a time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: How to get my original marks card and extra fee back on discontinuation of engineering in bangalore.

Sir, don't you think i have paid enough atleast to get my original marks card back from your point of view. To add on, i am not sure but once i have read on UGC website and AICTE web site saying that if a student wants to quit the course he is not supposed to pay the fee for the rest of the course and max fine/charges of upto 2000 can be imposed on him by the institution. i have also read that student is not supposed to pay any extra amount under in any name other then what sums up for 1st 4 years of the course, irrespective of the fact whether you get year back or nssr. so if it is 50k pa then we are supposed to pay only 50k X 4, whether we finish the course in 4 or 8 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

genius a3, i sympathise with your problem, but really i can't see any role for RTI here. what you want is your money and certificates; but RTI can fetch you only information. i think the only avenue for you is a legal notice followed by a suit if the collect authorities do not relent.

Name:
    Ganpat
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Shifted the thread to "chit-chat". Just a word of advice to all new-comers: Please post all non RTI queries or help on other social causes at Big Helpers .
    Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

Prima facie it appears to be not justified to ask for full fees just for giving back the certificates. (Is it justifiable to forcibly retain the original certificates of a student?). But it all depends on two factors. One is the terms and conditions that you agreed to at the time of enrollment. Two, the regulations by UGC which is the regulatory body for such matters.

Name:
    abhinav
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well i have a similar problem as well ..i took admission in a pvt college in 2007 nd i left it in 2008 bt i managed to get all my certificates other than migration certificate. i submitted an application there fr leaving the college. bt couldnt manage to get NOC from there.
    i just want to know if there can be ny problem fr me tht i discontimued the engineering without getting NOC

Name:
    Pooja Sharma
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

how I can get back the original marks card and certificates from the College after discontinuing the MBA course in 1st year

Hi,
    I'd like to know how I can get back the original marks card and certificates from the New Horizon College of Engg., after discontinuing the course in the 3rd month itself.

My sister had joined MBA course in the New horizon college and due to financial problems she was forced to leave the college and join a banking institution. She first intimated her principal regarding this decision and they initially told her that her college fees for the first year will not be refunded. she had paid 50,000 as her fees.
    Later she went to them repeatedly to get back her original 10th and 12th marks cards and related certificates, and now they started shouting at her asking her to pay the fees for second year as well (Rs. 50,000) and get back her originals if she ever wanted them.

My father sent a letter to them as well via speedpost asking them for returning the original certificates, and they never bothered to respond. Later my sister went repeatedly to the college with an application and each time they sent her back asking her to pay the money and then talk. Is there any way I can get her certificates back without having to pay 50,000??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast