Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Re: inspection of records

jps50,

If it is his own loan account, he has to be provided full access.
    Depends also on how he worded the original RTI application.

The RTI Act does not allow for "help" or "assistance" during inspection unless the person is "sensorily disabled".

Just read those threads indicated above.

› Find content similar to: inspection of records

Twitter: @cjkarira

Name:
    J.P. SHAH
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

My say is that when an advocate or friend can assist even in personal hearing at CIC/SIC level, why applicant can not be assisted during inspection of records. Secondly my friend is disabled because of language of documents and knowledge of banking. Thirdly, nowhere in RTI it is mentioned that outside assistance cannot be taken in inspection.
    However, there is a via media also. My friend's C.A. can file RTI application for inspection of records of my friend's loan accounts and enclose consent of my friend for such inspection by C.A., since friend will be third party in this case. Will this work?
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

jps50,

Please refer to my following post in one of the threads referred to above:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/1080-r....html#post3565

The solution is in the CIC decision (quoted in the above post):

http://cic.gov.in/CIC-Orders/Decision_20042007_11.pdf

The respondents also raised a question about whether the file and the documents should be allowed to be inspected by the appellant himself or by his representative or by both. In this connection, it needs to be stated that inspection of the documents by the appellant himself is the rule. However, there may be exceptional circumstances in which the appellant may be physically challenged, or may not be conversant with the language in which the information is held, or for any other disability which he might suffer, which may compromise his capacity to meaningfully inspect the documents. In such cases, the appellant may make a formal application to the CPIO, who may in his/her discretion, for reasons to be recorded, allow the appellant to be accompanied by one or more assistants for the inspection of the files and documents.

Third Party:

Yes, CA can file RTI application and to shorten time, he can include the "third party" consent as a attachment to the RTI Application. That way, the PIO does not have to ask "third party" for consent.

I have done it before when I asked information about my company of which I am the Director, since my application was as an individual.
    Twitter: @cjkarira