The Myth
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hello Fellow Indians

I'm a law-abiding citizen from Bangalore.
    I've filed an RTI (with 6 questions) to the Bhubaneswar police regarding the investigation status of a (well known) false criminal case against me.
    The reply I got from the PIO, o/o DIG of Police, is a bland refusal of the questions saying the FIR is under investigation and he cannot provide me the information as per section 8 and 9 of the RTI act. There is no explanation as to how each question falls under the section 8 or 9.
    I'm now drafting the 1st appeal against this 'too brief' reply from the PIO.

› Find content similar to: Hello Fellow Indians

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Hello Fellow Indians

dear fightin, i think the stand taken by you is correct. since you have not received a "reasoned' order, the only option is to go for appeal. however, it would be better to make enquiries with knowledgeable people as to whether rti is applicable to this case; to the best of my knowledge, police / security agencies cannot be compelled to divulge information unless it deals with human rights violations or corruption.

Name:
    Dr. Pathak
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Re: Hello Fellow Indians

Welcome to RTI India
    As this is just an introductory forum, I am closing this thread to prevent further discussion on topic started by you.

Kindly raise your query at appropriate forum if you have any.
    Regards

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android