Thread: Hello Fellow Indians

Hello Fellow Indians

I'm a law-abiding citizen from Bangalore.
    I've filed an RTI (with 6 questions) to the Bhubaneswar police regarding the investigation status of a (well known) false criminal case against me.
    The reply I got from the PIO, o/o DIG of Police, is a bland refusal of the questions saying the FIR is under investigation and he cannot provide me the information as per section 8 and 9 of the RTI act. There is no explanation as to how each question falls under the section 8 or 9.
    I'm now drafting the 1st appeal against this 'too brief' reply from the PIO.

2. Re: Hello Fellow Indians

dear fightin, i think the stand taken by you is correct. since you have not received a "reasoned' order, the only option is to go for appeal. however, it would be better to make enquiries with knowledgeable people as to whether rti is applicable to this case; to the best of my knowledge, police / security agencies cannot be compelled to divulge information unless it deals with human rights violations or corruption.

3. Re: Hello Fellow Indians

Welcome to RTI India
    As this is just an introductory forum, I am closing this thread to prevent further discussion on topic started by you.

Kindly raise your query at appropriate forum if you have any.
    Regards

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android