Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Records not Traceable

1. Re: Records not Traceable

I too have an experience with Registrar of Societies of missing fulle 135 page letter+docs personally handed over and now when I asked for comments and action the same they replied it is NOT TRACEBLE..
    Ofcourse, I am not in mood to leave that answer.. FOLLOW-UP till the END is what make these officials work.
    Rejimon CK, Dwarka, ND-77

2. Re: Records not Traceable

Quote Originally Posted by rejimonck View Post
    Ofcourse, I am not in mood to leave that answer.. FOLLOW-UP till the END is what make these officials work.
    Thats the spirit. Maybe the contents of post number 6 above should help you.

Manoj

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Records not Traceable

Quote Originally Posted by rejimonck View Post
    I too have an experience with Registrar of Societies of missing fulle 135 page letter+docs personally handed over and now when I asked for comments and action the same they replied it is NOT TRACEBLE..
    Rejimon,

135 pages is nothing.
    In my case, the Government lost 2 sets of documents containing 637 pages each !
    Both sets (copies of each other) were bound, stitched and covered with plastic sheets.
    The subject matter was, supporting documents for getting refund.
    When I complained to the higher officer in writing, he also told me to file a FIR with the local police station.
    But the officer who made the two bunches "mysteriously disappear", requested me to resubmit the two sets. I obliged, on the condition that he goes to the photocopy shop himself and pays for the charges from his own pocket.

4. Re: Records not Traceable

Quote Originally Posted by karira View Post
    But the officer who made the two bunches "mysteriously disappear", requested me to resubmit the two sets. I obliged, on the condition that he goes to the photocopy shop himself and pays for the charges from his own pocket.
    Hope you did not allow him to take the photocopy bill with him, else he would have put up the bill with his office and claimed the reimbursement.

Pl. check

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

May I add a bit more to what Kushal has given ? In case the reply is that "the record under question has been destroyed", ask for copy of the " destruction certificate". This is not to be destroyed. every document ordered for destruction has to be destroyed by burning under the supervision of an Officer or a Board of Officers who has to render a certificate that "Following documents (has to give full details) were destroyed by nurning by me on . . . . . ." If someone says that a particular document has been destroyed, its particulars should be in the destruction certificate. If not the person responsible for its safe custody has committed an offence.

6. Re: Records not Traceable

I agree with Colonel

Even when a non classified documents or filed papers are destroyed an advance permission is sought from the concerned authority.

Though BULK has some different provisions in various departments ...Like various offices categorically mention that ..."The Following records would be automatically be destroyed after 3 years" ..

But thn again its under under supervision ...so let us 1st see that what is the procedure in the said dept for maintainning the files and documents...And what is the classification of the same

Above that there is some difference in Lost, Destroyed and not traceable...

For Lost and Not Traceable Mpai has suggested the right way ...For Destroyed the above post is vital
    Last edited by Abhinav Bohare; 03-09-07 at 02:14 AM. Reason: add

7. Re: Records not Traceable

In case First appeal is required here is a format for the same as Based on experience I would like to advise that never over state in First Appeal...Kindly find underneath a supportive format for the same.

First Appellate Authority
    <TABLE borderColor=#000000 height=89 cellSpacing=1 borderColorDark=#000000 cellPadding=7 width=593 borderColorLight=#000000 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=185 height=17>1. Name of the Applicant</TD><TD vAlign=top width=372 height=17></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=185 height=36>2. Address, Tel. No.</TD><TD vAlign=top width=372 height=36></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>B. Details about RTI request:
    <TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=1 borderColorDark=#000000 cellPadding=7 width=593 borderColorLight=#000000 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=1002 height=25 rowSpan=2>1. Particulars of the SPIO against whose order appeal is preferred</TD><TD vAlign=top width=280 height=25>(a) Name</TD><TD vAlign=top width=200 height=25></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=280 height=44>(b) Address</TD><TD vAlign=top width=200 height=44></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=1002>2. Date of submission of application (Please attach a copy</TD><TD vAlign=top width=498 colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=1002 height=16 rowSpan=3>3. Brief facts leading to appeal</TD><TD vAlign=top width=498 colSpan=2 height=16>(a) No response received within 30 days of submission of Form I</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=498 colSpan=2 height=16>(b) Aggrieved by the response received within the prescribed period (a copy of the order received be attached)</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=498 colSpan=2 height=16>Grounds for appeal _________________________________________________ _________________________________________________</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=1002>4. Prayer or relief sought</TD><TD vAlign=top width=498 colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=1002>5. Last date for filing the appeal</TD><TD vAlign=top width=498 colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=1002>6. If appeal is being filed after 30 days, the reasons which prevented from filing appeal in time</TD><TD vAlign=top width=498 colSpan=2>__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________
    </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=1002>7. Copies of documents relied upon by the applicant</TD><TD vAlign=top width=498 colSpan=2></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Signature of the Applicant……………
    <!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

The procedure for destruction of documents/files were in vogue since British time. Knowing the Indian habits, they had framed fool-proof procedures. Whatever may be the local procedure, take it from me that "as per the orders it will be accountable." No one can escape by simply stating that it is missing or lost or destroyed. Please donot accept such blank replies that it is destroyed. Probe further. You will defenitly get a NECK to catch/hang..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android