Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Records not Traceable

Re: Records not Traceable

Sir,

1 I had sought information on action taken on my official applications and complaint letter on corrupt issues happening.

These applications were addressed for processing through proper chain of command from lower HQ Public Auth to higher HQ Public Auth for seeking a transfer and interview from higher HQ to inform him of corrupt complaints. The lower HQ had returned my applications forcibly and were not processing my applications, when i had submitted fourth application direct to superior HQ. Now when i sought RTI act on what action they did on my first three applications as follows

The complaint letters were also addressed to the Public Auth

(a) Please provide me copies of all related documents held with lower HQ indicating administrative practices which were followed in processing my applications by the concerned official.

(b) I also sought daily weekly progress, copies of all documents of decision making noting sheet and reasons for non informative and non recordable actions and decisions.

2 I got reply from PIO AS follows:

Applications were returned back by hand as accepted by the complainants, .

whether or not those observations were rectified and the applications resubmitted is not known since e no records are available, Any record of processing the balance four applications are also not available as those officials have been posted out in a different outfit.

There are also no details of weekly etcas no record exist. The query can only be commented by ex offical who had dealt with the case

In absence of any correspondence what action was taken on corrupt complaints cannot be commented upon.
    l
    All letters were written as addressed to individual appointments for which no correspondence is availbele, hence no deemed action information can be provided

The process and methodology followed by the Ex official is not known

My complaint letter was also forwarded by senior official to lower Official. That record is also not available.

3 Now my queries to all members of the forum:
    Is the PIO suppose to seek information from Ex official and provide to me

Is the PIO suppose to forward my RTI application to PIO of next out fit where the Ex Official is now posted?

Is the PIO suppose to check old record as I has submitted copies of receipt entries of receiving applications registers

The proof is that I had forwarded copies of these letters to all other HQs also.

I am only seeking decision making process and not where about of my complaint and letter which PIO is expressing helplessness as there are no records because the Ex officials were smart enough not to leave any trace or the PIO is helping them out.

They did not replied to me because they were guilt and knew they would not be able to answer on corrupt complaint brought out. Is it not the PIO to establish there non acts of dealing with corrupt issues and reply to me rather saying no records available.

What options do I have

to the best of my understanding, it is the responsibility of the PIO to seek information from the ex-official and provide it to you.

the PIO need not forward your RTI application to the PIO of the new outfit where the ex official is now posted, as the new PA of the ex official is in no way involved with your RTI application, and would not hold any of the records, but should rather forward it directly to the ex official, whether he has moved on to another outfit or retired

PIO is definitely supposed to check the old records, as he is the PIO of the PA, whether the records are old or current.

please wait for other comments from the informed members of this group

Standard reply loss of records how to deal

dear sir,

since we anticipate that we shall get a stock reply that records are not avialable should we not

ab initio in the rti app itself while seeking infor on various matters also seek that if records are not available under any head then they must give the following infor like

with whom last kept , when last seen, when last entered , when received etc that is all queries suggested to us may be put alongwith the rti app rather than file another seeking how, why, when etc records were lost.

vinay kala
    apr24,09

4. Re: Standard reply loss of records how to deal

Quote Originally Posted by vinaykala View Post
    dear sir,

should we not

ab initio in the rti app itself while seeking infor on various matters also seek that if records are not available under any head then they must give the following infor like

with whom last kept , when last seen, when last entered , when received etc that is all queries suggested to us may be put alongwith the rti app rather than file another seeking how, why, when etc records were lost.

vinay kala
    apr24,09
    This is a good idea to avoid some loss of time and to pre empt certain standard replies.

Please also go through the earlier discussions here, as I have merged your post with this existing thread.
    Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

If the 1st appeal goes unanswered then no option but to wait for years for 2nd appeal reult. SO easiest way of not disclosing uncomfortable informaition is to say the records r nt traceable

6. Re: Records not Traceable

SO easiest way of not disclosing uncomfortable informaition is to say the records r nt traceable
    Dear Arun

Please read: https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/...e-records.html

regards

CIC decisions on untraceable -> FIR and Fix responsibility

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android