Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: income tax refund

  1. income tax refund

    I have filed my income tax return on 12th June 2007. I have still not recieved my refund. Can i file an RTI application to know the status of my case. If i decide to file the application, to whom it has to be filed. I have submitted my return at Delhi , Range-37 Ward 37(3), n Block vikas bhawan, New Delhi.

  2. #2
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Rep Power

    Re: income tax refund


    These days the Income Tax department has designated the Assessing Officer itself as a "PIO".

    Therefore you have to file your RTI Application to your own assessing officer (Range 37, Ward 37(3)).

    The application must be accompanied by a application fee of Rs 10.00 by BC/DD/IPO. If you are sending an IPO, you can leave the "in favour of" line blank and just say at the end of the application:

    "Enclosed is a IPO Nr.........dated........for Rs. 10.00 towards application fee for this RTI application. Kindly fill in the appropriate name on the IPO, since there is no information about this listed on your website"

    Please also read the threads with the search tag "income tax refunds":
    Twitter: @cjkarira


    RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android