Topic Identifier

Thread: Income Tax Refund

1. Income Tax Refund

I filed my tax return in Bangalore 2006-07 and I still not received my refund.I was told that the refund will be directly credited to my Bank account.How do I know the status of my refund? How long generally it takes to get it refund? How do I proceed further?Could any one please help me?
    Thanks in advance.
    Manoj

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Income Tax Refund

Manu,

Please have a look at this thread:

https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/3406-i...ax-refund.html

Please also read the following threads with the search tag "income tax refund". They contain a lot of information.

income tax refund Threads - Forum Tags by RTI India
    Twitter: @cjkarira

3. Re: Income Tax Refund

Thank you very much for the quick reply. It was realy an informative one.
    It would be grat if you could clarify some of my queries below:

1)If I have to take a DD, in whose favour I should take?
    2) How do I find CPIO/CAPIO in the Income tax department of my area, bangalore.

Thanks in advance.
    Manoj

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Income Tax Refund

manu,

1. If you want to pay by DD or BC, then you will have to call your assessing officer and get the "in favour of" name from him.
    Alternatively, you can send the Rs 10.00 application fee by IPO (available at all post offices). Just leave the "in favour of" line blank, cross it and sent it along with your application.
    Don't forget to add at the bottom of your application:

"I am attaching herewith a IPO Nr…………….dated…………….for Rs. 10.00 towards application fees for this RTI application. The “in favour of” line has been left blank since I do not know whom to address these fees to. Kindly fill in the name at your end."

2. Your CPIO is the SAME as your assessing officer of your range and ward.
    Just address your RTI application to:

Central Public Information Officer
    RTI Act 2005
    Assessing Officer
    Range XXX Ward XXXXXX

The full list for Karnataka is is available at:

https://www.incometaxindia.gov.in./CC...1200763553.doc

but is outdated since the Income Tax department has designated all the assessing officers as the PIO.
    Twitter: @cjkarira

5. Re: Income Tax Refund

I got reply from Income Tax officer and it says that the return of Income filed by the appellent will be processed in chronological order and refund will be sent through ECS/cheque by the Refund Banker.

The reply still didnt say any exact date and time frame. Do I need to send one more RTI letter for the same? Have any one come across such cituation. Please advice

Thanks

6. Re: Income Tax Refund

Hav U visited my blog on delay in getting income tax refund? If reply of PIO is in reply to RTI appln, pl file first appeal within 30 days of receipt of reply by U. Guidelines and format etc are also available on my blog for first appeal for central govt info. Such a followup will improve the system and next year U will not be required to file appln for refund of income tax. U should always prefer indian postal order of Rs10/- [which is cheap and available in near by post office.] for central govt applns.
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android