0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    0 Post(s)

RTI related to construction of Railway Overbridge in Bangalore

I wish to file an RTI request related to the construction of a Railway overbridge in Bangalore.
    My assumption is that I need to approach the RTI officer of the South-Western Railways, Bangalore Division. I first looked on their website: the relevant page Welcome to SOUTHWESTERN RAILWAY has xxxxx instead of names of the relevant officers - presumably placeholder for info to be filled in later, but they never got around to doing it.
    Then I looked at where names of the RTI officer at the Hubli head office are given. I mailed the PIO (Public Information Officer) Sri Dasarathi at the mail-ids provided, but both the ids seemed to be wrong as the mails bounced.
    Now I am scratching my head as to the next step. Should I try sending a letter by post or will it be necessary to visit the Railway Office to track down the official (tough to find time for this). Any suggestions.

› Find content similar to: RTI related to construction of Railway Overbridge in Bangalore

10 Post(s)
    3 Thread(s)
    2 Post(s)

Re: RTI related to construction of Railway Overbridge in Bangalore

Dear AppuWorld,
    Please go through the thread to update yourself on the basics.

Never send RTI application addressed to individual names of PIOs, since Govt Officials are liable to transfers. We are yet to reach the stage of filing RTI applications through emails, as there are no modalities for making e-payment of RTI application fees. Better send it through snail mail, if you cannot present your application directly to the PIO concerned.
    Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.