Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: sbi nre cheque problem

  1. #1

    sbi nre cheque problem

    i need help for the nre cheque in sbi account is not acceptable,
    information given to us by sbi bank. without any proper prior information.asked us to put he chewue in local saving account.
    they are telling us that this is rbi notifiaction.
    as many other banks are accepting rs cheque from nre account o nre account.
    can anybody help me to solve this problem.

    Last edited by ganpat1956; 31-03-08 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Moved to "chit chat" as the query is not related to RTI

  2. Re: sbi nre cheque problem

    Please take up this matter at our sister portal Big Helpers.
    Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

  3. #3

    Re: sbi nre cheque problem

    the HDFC accept the the NRE cheque.but the conversion charge is normal.or use the westen union money transverse.
    Last edited by karira; 23-10-08 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Deleted live link

  4. Re: sbi nre cheque problem

    You can file an RTI application with SBI to get a copy of the RBI notification issued to them. It once happened with me that a nationalised bank was citing some non-existent policy as a basis for their wrong action. I simply asked the officer "Who is the PIO? I wish to get a copy of this policy." He immediately agreed to correct his action.


    RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android